In response to Ter13
dreams dont come true what is this sorcery?
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
Not sure I follow.

TL;DR: Unity and Ue4 have some pretty slick experimental 2D features now. Ue4 does networking out of the box better than BYOND and Unity is... Uh... Well, it's a thing. Been working in Ue4 full time for a few weeks now and TBH it's been a god damn dream.

I haven't tried UE4 because they don't have C# bindings. =(

I'm terrified to get into C++. Pointers, Manual Memory Management, Memory Leaks... Maybe I'm being over-dramatic but it seems like something I don't want to venture into. I look at it like the pit of oblivion.

EDIT: With Microsoft acquiring Xamarin maybe we'll see C# bindings in the future? I believe there was a project that added bindings for UE in the past but was shutdown due to the fact that Xamarin required paid licensing or something.
Maybe I'm being over-dramatic but it seems like something I don't want to venture into. I look at it like the pit of oblivion.

You really don't have to worry about it. Unreal implements reflection structures for you to make garbage collection and memory management easier.

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Garbage_Collection_Overview

Anyway, with the ability to compile Kismet into C++ there's very little reason to actually write code for content and the engine's got damn near everything you could want to write at the engine level.
Old:

New:

Updated the tiling in the Facility area to match what appears in the Tower area, while also keeping it's own theme.
In response to Bravo1
Bravo1 wrote:
Old:

New:

Updated the tiling in the Facility area to match what appears in the Tower area, while also keeping it's own theme.

That's a nice set of cogs you have there. ;P
I'll just leave this bit of code here...

animate(src, pixel_x=100, time=20)
animate(src, pixel_y=16, time=2.5, loop=4, easing=QUAD_EASING|EASE_OUT, flags=ANIMATION_PARALLEL)
animate(pixel_y=0, time=2.5, easing=QUAD_EASING|EASE_IN)
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
I'll just leave this bit of code here...

animate(src, pixel_x=100, time=20)
animate(src, pixel_y=16, time=2.5, loop=4, easing=QUAD_EASING|EASE_OUT, flags=ANIMATION_PARALLEL)
animate(pixel_y=0, time=2.5, easing=QUAD_EASING|EASE_IN)

Looks great i totally know what it is im reading

In response to Ghost of ET
It's a flag that allows multiple animate() calls to play at the same time.
I would've recorded a .gif to show a mob animating along a spiral path, but it turns out when it comes to that I'm lazy.

Although the code above is just moving in the X direction while bouncing up and down in Y.
In response to Reformist
It's a flag that allows multiple animate() calls to play at the same time.

Ohhhh okay xD. Also hi reformist ltns.

I would've recorded a .gif to show a mob animating along a spiral path, but it turns out when it comes to that I'm lazy.

Although the code above is just moving in the X direction while bouncing up and down in Y.

Will i be able to use this for interactive cutscenes? Or am i thinking of something else?
So when the new BYOND client comes out

...Jesus... This depresses the Lummox.
Watching you move on depresses us all
So a couple of weeks ago in one of our devlogs we showed our visual climax scene for LoF's tutorial/ prologue.

Sullight originally wanted to animate the entire thing by hand but it ended up being far too much work for what it was worth.

And with some fancy camera work we achieved this. It was alot less work in the end.
Oh shit, it's the extremely tall minotaur smashy smash man!

I will donate $10 to your project if you really name him "Smashy Smash Man".
In response to Pixelcomet
Jesus that's good.

I wish I could hire you for work on Lux, but unfortunately you've got your own project going and I don't want to take resources from what is shaping up to be a very nice looking game.

Keep up the awesome work!
Oh man that's a really neat effect.
@Bravo I'm still open to commissions.

@ET: I'm so tempted to take you up on that offer, that's more than a week's supply of ramen noodles.

The colors still need some tweaking though I'm feeling like it's a tad too much blues.

that's more than a week's supply of ramen noodles.

tf? where i go to too buy ramen 10 bucks would get me 1 bowl + a drink O.o. Where do you buy your ramen Dx? i need to know!!
That's a really sweet camera effect. How'd you do that?
In response to Lummox JR
If i had to guess i would say there are 3 or 4 layers and he is moving them... i think. Unless you meant how is he actually able to do that well ill just keep my mouth shut and uhh stop trying to get in on the conversation :D. herp herp herp.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 202 203 204 205 206 ... 349 350 351