Recently got back into DM after a long hiatus. After fixing the atrocious mess I left Feed as before disappearing, I've started working on some new mechanics for getting around maps and whatnot. For example; in the map I'm currently working on players are spawned in a tiny area and the only way to progress deeper into the map is to activate a portal.

The portal in this case is activated by sacrificing health of enough enemies or players to make it appear. I'm considering the possibility of some long "easter egg" type questlines similar to what treyarch does with CoD:Zombies.

We'll see though!
In response to Kumorii
Yaaay moar feed :D!!!

... nerf shotguns though

The portal in this case is activated by sacrificing health of enough enemies or players to make it appear.

Can you add handcuffs and a leash so i can drag other players into the circle and shoot them until the portal opens >:)?

long "easter egg" type questlines similar to what treyarch does with CoD:Zombies.

In response to Ghost of ET
nerf shotguns though
okii

handcuffs and a leash[...]
as erotically pleasing as this sounds, i can't promise anything.

here's another snippet from the map I'm working on with these. Basically the map requires players to progress through a series of small, isolated areas by finding/activating the portals in each. there will probably be about three of these small areas before players come across the main "room" of the map which will be much larger and easier to survive in than the rest of the map. the catch is that the map will feature a unique enemy called "portal worms" which will periodically show up and attack nearby players by spawning them at a random portal in the map. Ideally, this will only occur in the midst of active waves so being spawned in the smaller areas of the map would actually prove to be a threat.

But first things first!
In response to Kumorii
looking fantastic bruh
In response to Kumorii
Is that zombie walking on a cloud? The world has truly ended...
Enemies are drawn over other layers to keep them from disappearing behind trees, buildings, etc. I could make a change to exempt clouds from this, though. (^:
D-D-Double Post; I'm going to make the spotlight on enemies transparent like players' and see how that looks. I love how the red makes makes enemy movements easily distinguishable on the map but i have some ideas that might make the tradeoff worthwhile.
In response to Kumorii
10/10
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:
nerf shotguns though
okii

handcuffs and a leash[...]
as erotically pleasing as this sounds, i can't promise anything.

here's another snippet from the map I'm working on with these. Basically the map requires players to progress through a series of small, isolated areas by finding/activating the portals in each. there will probably be about three of these small areas before players come across the main "room" of the map which will be much larger and easier to survive in than the rest of the map. the catch is that the map will feature a unique enemy called "portal worms" which will periodically show up and attack nearby players by spawning them at a random portal in the map. Ideally, this will only occur in the midst of active waves so being spawned in the smaller areas of the map would actually prove to be a threat.

But first things first!

will you use Doom Midis?
I will probably replace this one with an updated one that has some better clips, but here's the trailer for Lux.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usS7IzZelw0

Music by Kats =)

Bonus: Fsjal of the robot

In response to Bravo1
Bravo1 wrote:
I will probably replace this one with an updated one that has some better clips, but here's the trailer for Lux.

[Demo not actually available just yet, this vid will go Public beginning of August.]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAIvvbwmKTE

Music by Kats =)

++
In response to Bravo1
10/10 100% brought a tear to my eye.

<3 kats music <3 kats.
In response to Bravo1
Bravo1 wrote:

[Demo not actually available just yet, this vid will go Public beginning of August.]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAIvvbwmKTE

Music by Kats =)

Bonus: Fsjal of the robot

Not gonna lie, even though I've heard that song probably a couple hundred times... seeing it with the video actually gives me goosebumps. I will play the dog shit out of Lux. :D
In response to Bravo1
Wow. Great job. The music really fits, and the timing is excellent. I really like how it shifts areas on point with the sound each time. I'm very impressed.

I will definitely play a lot of Lux.
I too cannot wait to play Revenge of WALL-E.
@Kats

The music helped make my choices of what to display at what times, so the music made the video really. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your patience when dealing with my pickiness on the song itself (I made you change it a few times I remember).

@Toddab503

Thanks! Blame Kats for making the music so damn good.

I'm ultimately still not happy with the trailer, not completely anyway. There's some cues to clean up and I could get better clips for some spots, but I'll work on that once I'm doing doing the audio for the game itself.

Hey Kats, got any more of dat awesome music? ;P
In response to Bravo1
Bravo1 wrote:
Hey Kats, got any more of dat awesome music? ;P

Maybe :P Been working recently on a ton of artwork commissions and I've been super busy. Also haven't installed all of my music stuff onto my new desktop, yet, but I wouldn't mind having a conversation about it. :D
Bravo1, you got yourself some successful Kickstarter quality material there. Green light er and start getting people endorsing Lux as soon as you deem it ready man! :)
In response to Flame Guardian
Thanks!

I'll probably end up making a Greenlight page for it very soon.

In the meantime, I went and updated the trailer, the updated link is in the original post for it.

Not much changed, just some fade cues and the final screen removing the mention of the demo (so I could release the video early)

Edit: Greenlight page is up! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ filedetails/?id=714871681
In response to Bravo1
First impressions are important. While that trailer showcases some of the game's battles, that's all it does. In a nutshell, the whole video is you jumping around and shooting.

What about other highlighting other aspects of the game, such as the wide array of enemy types, or the ability to acquire new gadgets, etc.? In short, I don't feel as if it does a good job of pulling in the potential player/buyer by briefly touching on expectations while also leaving something to be desired. Needs more flavor so that it looks less like a play-through video.

Just my 2 cents. Much success to you.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 207 208 209 210 211 ... 349 350 351