In response to Rushnut
I got u
http://files.byondhome.com/TheMagicMan/summontokens.png

Added a new feature. Summon tokens. They limit how much stuff you can summon per turn.

http://files.byondhome.com/TheMagicMan/attacksnew.png

Now that attack cards are no longer a thing, here is how monsters will look now.
I'm now here to announce a brand new game! In fact, I have just started work on it. It will be created using good old-styled skins instead of a direct web-client version, but it should work fine under it considering I use very few skin elements these days.

After looking back Colori Poker as possibly a forefather to the clicking game genre (actually, it fits more like a competitive clicker), I have come up with a brand new invention. :P

This will hopefully lead to a new genre of clickers. Instead of idle clickers or games like "Cookie Clicker", this is more like part of a "Strategic Clicker" genre. Heck, it will also support multiplayer.

I present a new game called ClickerBall! It's a game like Soccer, but involves using your mouse to click. However, you don't click on the ball directly. Instead, you click from different angles and depending on distance. No screenshots yet, but they will come. This game can be played 1v1 or as a team. Your goal is to get the ball to the other team's goal. Whoever scores the most points wins. Unlike Soccer, your mouse acts as the kicker (should I say, clicker). I'm planning on being able to kick from distance to determine strength (up to about 3 tiles away from the ball). You should be able to kick diagonally too. To defend, all you have to do is be up to 3 tiles in front of the ball's direction to block it or deflect it.

While I'm still working out the game, there could be a release in a few days time. :D
In response to Bandock
Not gonna lie, the long post was like >.> <.<
But after reading it, this sounds hella fun! Do this so we can play it!
In response to Bandock
Trying really hard not to rip on this. The whole concept of a cookie clicker is new things are always happening and eventually the clicking becomes more and more automated. You actually feel like you're achieving something (even though you're not)

In what universe is clicking to make a ball go forward and backwards even remotely entertaining or rewarding? Seriously, if that's your definition of fun you should never be allowed to touch a game again for fear of boring people to death.
In response to Ishuri
Ishuri wrote:

I literally cannot even right now.
In response to Ishuri
Ishuri wrote:

That's an incredibly cool icon.Blend() effect.
I love it :)
In response to Zecronious
D4RK3 54B3R wrote:
That's an incredibly cool icon.Blend() effect.
I love it :)

too bad icon blend sucks

Zecronious wrote:
Ishuri wrote:

I literally cannot even right now.

I don't think you've ever spent hours playing a .io game. They're simple addicting and fun, and that's exactly what Bandock described. Imagine you and your friends are up against some other randoms, spam clicking your way to get a ball into a goal. It's tactical and fun. And if he sets it up as .io, he'll never be short on players. There's huge money in this too. I'm not being sarcastic and I'm not joking, if he does this, watch, it'll be pretty damn big.

Zecronious wrote:
Seriously, if that's your definition of fun you should never be allowed to touch a game again for fear of boring people to death.

BOY do you have any idea who you're talking to right now. No one steps up to the game design plate like I do. If you can't tell how much of an actual fun idea that is then it's YOU who shouldn't be allowed to touch a game again.
Yeah, several .io games have been reported to be really fun. I have yet to play agar.io, but I have heard many great things about that game. I haven't even played diep.io yet. Only one I played so far was slither.io and it's very fun. It can be very laggy at times too if unfortunate.

A clicking game can be turned into a very fun game if done right. This isn't going to be one of those amazing things will just happen games. Rather, where you click will determine the fate of the ball. And yes, there will be goals for each team you must score through.

And it would definitely work great as a .io game.
Here is the gameplay field:

It might need some tweaking along with the fact there are no goals yet. Perhaps an audience to watch the game? :P

P.S.: This is the first time I actually put up a screenshot on Imgur. Not giving up on Photobucket, but thought it would be interesting to post it on Imgur.
the grass makes my eyes bleed

other than that, im ready to kick yur balls
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
@Bravo: I used to just program dry at work. Give it a shot. 4 hours of code without a compile in sublimetext2. Sync your files via a google drive and go home, open the environment and compile and fix bugs. You get a TON more done on a project when you don't compile and test compulsively.

I actually used to work on Incursion this way. At the time my job was sort of in a downward spiral where I knew it was coming to an end but I didn't have all that much to do, so I got an awful lot done just by writing up code at work and then making it work later on at home.

When I introduce a big block of new code to BYOND, I also tend to start "dry"; I'll write something up in a text editor, and then bring it into the code later to figure out all the little things I screwed up and then, once corrected, integrate it.
I don't understand how anyone can program dry.

It's always best to lube up first and THEN program. Makes everything run a bit smoother.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
I don't understand how anyone can program dry.

It's always best to lube up first and THEN program. Makes everything run a bit smoother.

The poor kids can use Shampoo and Conditioner. Not as good as lube but gets the job done.
In response to Lavenblade
Lavenblade wrote:
The poor kids can use Shampoo and Conditioner. Not as good as lube but gets the job done.

pls never use shampoo D:
Big BIG thank you to King Vaidro X & Fat Albert - For providing the maps for the game. It finally is ready for an official release; Keep an eye on Pokemon Atom's hub! ;)

For those of you who don't know what Pokemon Atom is or who missed the latest updates, Pokemon Atom is an online turn-based Pokemon mmo set in a completely new region. The game now features over 500+ Pokemon and 600+ Moves.

Keep an eye on our hub, add the game to your favorites so you don't miss the server when we launch!

inb4 nintendo cums knocking.
In response to Ghost of ET
Ghost of ET wrote:
inb4 nintendo cums knocking.

all he has to do is recolor the pokemans slightly and then get his lawyers to approve it and hes set to go.
Relax its Pokeman not Pokemon
agar.io is a blast.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 234 235 236 237 238 ... 349 350 351