In response to Tsubasa10
A suggestion: maybe try to go shorter and wider. I think you could push a lot of that info off to the left and lengthen the bars to make them easier to see at a glance, while simultaneously not taking up so much vertical space. Of course I suppose it could be argued you don't want to take up space toward the center of the screen, but it'll be easier for players to see their health with a longer bar--the longer the better when it comes to checking health at a glance.
Totally agree. Will take that into consideration once I am done with chat part. I also realized that the thinner and longer approach gives a better appeal to the game than the thicker and shorter one.

I sent you something on the byond pager :o @SSJ
http://i.imgur.com/pNLqgBw.png

Edit-

http://i.imgur.com/uKHWm56.png

The "33" indicates the level, any idea where you guys would prefer it?

Update-

http://i.imgur.com/SRnYBrx.png
Are you using per pixel movement? If so, I'd recommend moving the bars a few pixels to the right.

You should also separate them a bit more from each other.

If the game is not a heavy leveling up grind, you could not numerically represent the EXP bar, assuming the gray bar is EXP.

Level and other non life threatening stats could go to the "Status Page" to keep things simple and clean.

And why do the Trees on the bottom have a different shadow than the rest?
In response to 2DExtremeProductions
http://i.imgur.com/BuWiSdt.png

For the exp gauge, you suggest removing the percentage indicator?
I would say it depends on your game, if you plan on levels being a mayor thing? Time consuming to cap your level? No level cap? If so, then keep it, because slow exp gain with no numeric value can frustrate players.

But, if you have quick leveling, something that could make the bar getting filled faster, it would be easy to actually see the growth, then numbers wouldn't really bring much usefulness, IMO.
Better. The last thing with the bars, IMO, is increasing the space between them. Looks like it has 2-3 pixels, try 4-6 and see how they feel to you.
In response to 2DExtremeProductions
Quick leveling, except early on, is cheap. Games always run into balance problems when stats get too high. Keep stats low, even in single digits where possible, and the game will always be easier to keep in balance.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Games always run into balance problems when stats get too high. Keep stats low, ... , and the game will always be easier to keep in balance.

So much this.
In response to Lummox JR
I was talking about leveling up, not the effects of it.

I agree tho.

I'll rewrite my comment.

If you plan on ever giving the player the chance to only get 0.0x% of EXP per kill of a "worthy" opponent, then having the Numbers there is valuable. Because you can see growth easier than by adding pixels to the bar.
In response to Tsubasa10
Hmm should put icons at the end of the bar too just so people know which is which,I mean common sense would tell you that red is health and blue is chi but it's better representation in my opinion.Also why not put the head bands folded inside the boxes above the chat and put the icons on top of the head bands you might have to make it slightly bigger if you want the font in there too..I looks weird randomly floating above. Good work keep at it.
Decided to work on some effects such as wind/dust particles and moving clouds.

Started with the moving clouds cause I had a really cool image in my head but I'm not quiet sure why its still not looking right to me... Looks more like fog..Any suggestions?

(Don't mind the weird stuff happening on the knight's helmet - bad quality from the gif)
In response to Lummox JR
Totally agree. At the moment you can get to level 5 by grinding mobs but later on, you will need to do missions.
In response to Xyberman
Thanks for the feedback. The floating headbands will be removed. I just put them there so you guys can compare them with the new HUD. Not sure about the icons though, as you said hp is always red and chakra is always blue and percentage is always exp. I am trying to make the HUD as simple as possible with the least possible amount of icons.
Starting to like how it looks now but still something isn't right. Maybe I should a different cloud style..

[REMOVED]

In response to Kidpaddle45
I definitely think it should be scaled up. Clouds aren't small enough to make shadows that sharp (relatively speaking) or small unless they're unrealistically close to the ground.
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:
I definitely think it should be scaled up. Clouds aren't small enough to make shadows that sharp (relatively speaking) or small unless they're unrealistically close to the ground.

Thanks for the feedback! Scaled up the clouds and tried adding a wind effect to the trees but thats a total failure lmao. I know the tree leaves should be all moving at the same time but it didn't look good either x.x

I'll keep messing up with it...
Page: 1 2 3 ... 249 250 251 252 253 ... 349 350 351