In response to Kidpaddle45
That's a beautiful effect.
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
Hub: http://www.byond.com/games/Kozuma3/Spera
Recent Progress: http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=2168802

Keep it up! Not a big fan of text-based games but this is very clean!
BOUMCHAKALAKA! Loving this now! :3 Needs some more work on the water reflection but this is definitely going in all my future projects! Gives so much life to the game!

In response to Kidpaddle45
That looks mega sexy.
Okay finally got my server together in order to send some pics of my projecs. I've got some really neat games going that I think people will love and I can't host host them all so I will be giving them out for download. All of them are multiplayer.

Lost Kingdoms:
Role playing game with tons of races and classes that is purely skill use based progression. Everything is craftable, farmable ect.

Gem Wizards:
Gem matching game that takes place as an overhead map rpg after you choose an element for your wizard you adventure and get into battles that require mana that you get from matching elemental gems that have 4 different elements and 10 different grades that fall into a battle biome based arena.

The Endless:
This is a text based rpg connectable from telnet that like most of my rpg's are skill progression and use based. I am making the word using the byond mapping system to allow great progression and also am procedurally generating areas and allowing players to build homes, cut through forests to make there own roads, all the normal crafting stuff, farming, lumbering, mining ect. just like lost kingdoms above except with a roundtime based combat system limb damage, balance and position.

Tell me what you think I am looking to connect with other developers and players. I also want to make extras in each game only for byond members to help the scene here.
Zamargo, in the overhead RPG have you considered ditching opacity? You might find it looks significantly better.
In response to Zamargo
Woah, games.
@Kidpaddle45
I think better effect for water mirror will, add usr icon (matrix, flip, alpha, blend_mode) to underlays, with layer lower than grass, and higher than water. :)

turf
grass
layer=2
water
layer=1

mob/proc/GenerateMirror()
var/icon/I = new/icon(src.icon,src.icon_state)
I.Flip(WEST)
var/obj/MR = new ; MR.icon = I ; MR.layer = 1.5; MR.alpha=100
MR.transform = turn(MR.transform, 180)
MR.pixel_y -= I.Height()
src.underlays += MR
when i first started playing byond games i wasnt even aware those black squares were caused by opaque objects, i just thought it was a weird graphical glitch going on or something.
In response to Marekssj3
Thanks for the tips! There it is! I think this one is perfect! :)

In response to Marekssj3
Instead of flipping the icon horizontally and then rotation 180 degrees in the transform, you can just flip vertically in the transform. This is better because the dynamic icon isn't shown, so clients don't have to download it. Also, unless your player's feet are at the bottom of the icon, it's not going to line up properly, so don't assume the required offset is equal to the icon's height.
atom/proc/GenerateWaterReflection()
var
icon/i = icon(icon, icon_state)
mutable_appearance/mirror = new (src)

// reflection strength
mirror.alpha = 100

// above water & below terrain
mirror.layer = 1.5

// prevents seeing through overlays
mirror.appearance_flags = KEEP_TOGETHER

// vertical flip and translating downwards
mirror.transform *= matrix(1, 0, 0, 0, -1, -i.Height())

return mirror

Also, since no one has brought it up before, the reflection shouldn't be angled. That's not how reflections work.
why are the trees twitching
In response to Fugsnarf
Fugsnarf wrote:

Plot twist: the trees are actually Sudowoodos.
In response to Fugsnarf
Wind effect.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Fugsnarf wrote:

Plot twist: the trees are actually Sudowoodos.

lol'd.
In response to Lummox JR
I'm not sure about eliminating opacity for the following reasons.

My idea is for some of the dungeons to be procedurally generated and it would reveal the contents of a room before opening the door. I was planning for opening the door to a room to be a mistake sometimes or a good move other times and knowing what's inside might ruin that suspense. So far as looks though I totally agree, but I am so old school seeing black squares over stuff my character can't see almost makes me excited too! :D

By the way who likes the idea of an multiplayer Zelda 1 out of curiosity? I'm also considering that for a future project.
Still working on Feed when I get free time!

- Added aesthetic environment pieces to Streetside.
- Molotovs and Grenades will no longer collide with their thrower(pyromaniacs rejoice!).
- Started work on adding bloody footprints for mobs that walk through blood.
- Enemy spotlights are white again. Red spotlights will be for tougher variants.
- Feeders are now naked in preparation for giving them clothing variants.
- Added more blood drops.

Planned features i want to get to include stacking acquired shields as mentioned before, variable clothing pieces for feeders, bringing back shotguns, and getting Beholders and Abstracts back into the enemy spawns.
In response to Zamargo
As an alternative, perhaps you could setup a kind of fog-of-war system for that.

For just single-player, set up two areas: one regular, one dark. (It could use a darkness overlay or even just set light=0.) Starting from where the player spawns, count that as "light". Then any turf touching an open light turf is also light, and goes in the light area. All others go in the dark area. Whenever a door is opened, apply the algorithm again to "light" that room.

For multiplayer, this would get significantly more complicated, as the only way to handle it would be via images.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 250 251 252 253 254 ... 349 350 351