• Buffed Shotgun; spread was doubled and reloads marginally faster.
  • Buffed Crossbow; weight was reduced and reloads significantly faster.
  • Buffed Uzi; fire rate was increased and ai handles were fixed.
  • Buffed AK66; automatic 3-round burst with high accuracy. no longer the worst gun in the game.
  • Ported over the Cowbell from the old combat system; cowbell makes enemies ignore you for 15 seconds
  • Ported over Glowsticks from the old combat system; throw a glowstick for a randomly colored light source
  • Lightning screen effects now have thunder to accompany them.
  • The Doppleganger boss now has a unique sound effect.
  • Limited the amount of blood effects that can be drawn on the same tile -- this was causing minor performance dips in late rounds.
  • Shield mechanics have been vastly improved.

Whoo, so I finally got around to giving the shield mechanics a much needed overhaul! For those of you who weren't familiar, the old setup had two different types of shields; pink and blue. Pink shields would defend you from one hit where blue shields would defend you from 2. You could only pick up one or the other when playing and you can't swap them out. Sucks right? Well...

... with the new shield setup, you can collect multiple shield drops to upgrade your shield to a higher tier. There are three tiers for shields: pink --> blue --> orange. a fully maxed out shield can protect you from 9 hits before breaking. Color of your shield indicates how much strength your shield still has. See the gif above for a demonstration of this!

Have a lot of active projects in Feed coming along together and development isn't slowing down anytime soon! I've been getting incredible feedback and I'm flattered with what a lot of the testers have been saying about the game. I really can't wait to see where Feed goes from here! Please don't hesitate to participate in open tests and provide input on what you like or dislike! Quality criticism is something I can never have too much of!
Not quite there yet :P

• Laser Madness wave modifier returns!
  • Nyan Madness wave modifier returns!
  • Added a new wave modifier; Fire Madness makes all projectiles fire bullets for the duration of the wave.
  • Fire overlays are no longer effected by transformations applied to their parent.
  • Fixed a bug where the spectate button could get stuck on disabled.
  • Added a new weapon; SPAS-12 shotgun.
  • Phantom enemies are now slightly less translucent.
  • Added an additional vanity slot for further player customization.
  • Added snow weather type.
  • Weather mechanics have been vastly overhauled.

Busy day! The weather mechanic is the biggie here. Weather is now dynamically changed each wave to a randomly chosen weather type. Weather will effect various aspects of the round eventually, but for now they're just good looking. (^8

Just farting around. Was on a better computer so i figured i'd record some better quality gifs.
In response to Zamargo
Zamargo wrote:
Okay then what about restricting the 3-d back to tile based movement like N/S/E/W turn like old school dungeon crawlers a newer example being redshift's "The Quest" an older example being "Eye of the Beholder". Then at least you would get a 3-d look with a playable multiplayer game?

God I hate Eye of the Beholder. I didn't know how to make any characters and the monsters scared me back when I played it. I heard random noises and just shut that game off, LOL
I've been playing 20XX (a Megaman Rogue-like) as of late. After doing so, decided to make this:

I don't actually know anything about the physics of the game (as I've never played the original). Just going with my gut and some information I've found on the interwebs.
you should activate your windows
In response to Super Saiyan X
Super Saiyan X wrote:
you should activate your windows

I'm not sure where to find my key. This happened after that darned windows 10 update. :(
this is why you turn off windows updates duh

• Players now have an indicator to show how many revives they have.
  • A new map, Hallowed, makes an appearance.
  • Bosses now get tracking arrows.
  • Blue Feeder variant added.
  • Petite Feeder variant added.
  • Explosions now explode everything around them instantaneously.
  • Added a crown overlay for the current top player.
  • Can now toggle who you're spectating with E.
  • Finally added fullscreen mode! F1 to toggle!

Phew. I'm keeping busy! (^8

I'm really liking the way the mechanics are rolling out. When I'm done, thinking I should rehash it into a new CAVERN since it actually feels fun. The sprite work is going to kill me, though.
@Kumo, beautiful as always. Just out of curiosity, does Feed work with the web client? Because if so you might want to start thinking about monetization - I think that style of game would do really well on places like Newgrounds, Armor Games, and Kongregate.

@Adam, that engine is coming along very nicely. Everything looks smooth and responsive. Can't wait to see what you do with it.
@Unwanted: i won't touch the webclient with a 50-foot pole. So unfortunately not!

@yut: not an onscreen chat, just the floating debug window!
Why the hatred for the webclient? lol
Not really hatred, i just /much/ prefer games that play in their own window. They feel more professional. Not to mention everytime i try to even play with the webclient it just strokes out on me. It's probably much better now compared to when i last tried it, but it just doesn't appeal to me.
In response to Kumorii
I can see Feed utilizing Byond.exe well then,Probably even goinh into the steam verse
You can easily embed the web client into a window.
Full screen support is kind of flaky on some browsers anyway. Chrome requires permissions if I'm not mistaken to utilize full screen. Firefox is pretty good about Full Screen support though.
Zeex00: Steam is the goal but i won't even be thinking about that for another year at least.

Lavenblade: that's still not its own window, though. That's just a fullscreen game in a browser window.

More fixes and features inbound!
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:
Lavenblade: that's still not its own window, though. That's just a fullscreen game in a browser window.

You won't even be able to see a visual difference. =|

Page: 1 2 3 ... 256 257 258 259 260 ... 349 350 351