you could wrap the game with electron or nw.js if this were normal js,but the webclients uncharted lands for me so idk
In response to Bl4ck Adam
Bl4ck Adam wrote:

I'm really liking the way the mechanics are rolling out. When I'm done, thinking I should rehash it into a new CAVERN since it actually feels fun. The sprite work is going to kill me, though.

Curious to know what sprite sizes your using and if you can share a little on how you're applying the attack animations?
In response to PopLava
PopLava wrote:
Curious to know what sprite sizes your using and if you can share a little on how you're applying the attack animations?

example:
var/randvarname=null
I set the icon state based on the current action performed

icon_state="[statename][randvarname]"

In the event that the character is on the wall

icon_state="wall"

If the character was currently slashing, the icon_state would be set to "wallpreslash" > "wallslash" > "wallpostslash"

I use update loops to time the duration of each state. So if the character moves from being on the wall to being in the air/ground etc, it can still shift somewhat smoothly into it's next state. The animations are all set to loop 1 time.

I'm bad at explaining and it's probably a shoddy way of doing the animations, but I couldn't think of any other way.

The sizes are about 35 width, 45 height on a 128x128 canvas.
In response to PopLava
Model P still a WIP

Yut Put wrote:
what you're describing is called a state machine. most people on byond dont use or understand them because byond comes with no native implementation of the concept. they're basically a necessity for action games, especially fighting games or platformers.

That. One of my CS Major friends always mentioned state machines. I wasn't sure how to implement them, though. I guess I figured out a way, though it's so spaghetti.
In response to Bl4ck Adam
Bl4ck Adam wrote:
PopLava wrote:

example:
var/randvarname=null
I set the icon state based on the current action performed

icon_state="[statename][randvarname]"

In the event that the character is on the wall

icon_state="wall"

If the character was currently slashing, the icon_state would be set to "wallpreslash" > "wallslash" > "wallpostslash"

I use update loops to time the duration of each state. So if the character moves from being on the wall to being in the air/ground etc, it can still shift somewhat smoothly into it's next state. The animations are all set to loop 1 time.

I'm bad at explaining and it's probably a shoddy way of doing the animations, but I couldn't think of any other way.

The sizes are about 35 width, 45 height on a 128x128 canvas.

Thanks for sharing this with us. I was challenged in Dungeon Dominus with similar design considerations. I was attempting to keep the image sizes down by making the player character 64x64 and then underlaying and overlaying all the armor, shields and weapons. All the items extended outside the bounds of the character box. The efforts that went into making the weapon animations and getting everything layered correctly was just too much in the end. Great to see you have this working so fluidly with 128x128.

My first contribution to Feed, the Charger enemy!

• Charger enemy was added. (Unwanted4Murder)
  • Nerf'd fire rate for SPAS-12.
  • Blaze enemy was added.
  • Added a new special ability; fireblast.
  • Added the flamethrower.
  • Shields now have three tiers instead of 9.
  • Fixed a bug where only abstracts would spawn on late-game waves.

Took a couple days break from working on Feed but I'm back at it! First I want to announce that Unwanted4Murder has joined Feed's dev team. He's already proven to be a good contributor and a pretty rad guy!

I'm working on pushing more content for now to kill time before jumping back into anything big. I really want to get savefiles and account handling done soon. It's one of the main roadblocks that's keeping me from getting into leveling, character progression, character customizing/settings, and all that fun stuff. My super secret big project I've been hinting at also needs more attention! But more on that eventually. (;

I brought the Blaze back from the original Feed from 2011. Instead of running around aimlessly while leaving a trail of fire however, this time around it's a little more interesting. Blazes still leave a trail of fire in their wake but it only lasts for half a second before going out. The typical method of attack is to tackle players and ignite them on fire, however they will also use the new fireblast ability sometimes. They'll be an uncommon spawn so a bunch at once(like the gif) will be a rare circumstance.

If you have an idea for outfits or vanity items please share! I'm drawing blanks and want more variety with character apparel.

New rare late-game enemy; Slammer. Enemy created by Yut Put.
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:

The big purple one? It looks like a penis imo xD
Umm, I hate to say it but it looks like a severed penis and balls. You sure Yut Put isn't trying to mess with you on this one? :D LOL I couldn't even type it in before someone else did that's how much it looks like one.
I don't see the resemblance, I'm afraid. (^8
Enemy created by Yut Put.

Okay, so I understand now that your in on it. I really thought Yut Put had slipped that one past you and was laughing his butt off, but I should have realized it is too obvious to be overlooked.
It looks more like Majin Buu to me. Without the body.

I hope you get a C&D from Funimation now for using their characters.
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:

LLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
it even got veins o,o
You could say Kumo was just dicking around!
In response to MysteriousProgrammer
MysteriousProgrammer wrote:
You could say Kumo was just dicking around!

At first glance, I thought the art was mediocre, but upon further investigation, I realized it actually wasn't a half-cocked attempt after all!
Page: 1 2 3 ... 257 258 259 260 261 ... 349 350 351