In response to Mitchy
Mitchy wrote:
YURIRAMOS wrote:
Mitchy wrote:
http://imgur.com/yfXDw79

I'm back working on my game with webclient javascript/html5/css front end! made some progress with inventory, hands/holding, and hotkeys!

This game are very beautiful, I hope someday play your game, I wish that your game don't fall in dark.

Thank you!!

hope it make it a dungeon crawler/survival sim that's really difficult and will have a very unique combat system unlike anything ever made at the moment :)

A lot of games that had the potential of be great (and different) like your never saw the light of the "online world", make this game real e playable, please.
In response to Tacurumin
For the parabola look you really need to implement velocity and gravity. Gravity will decrease the z velocity of the ball by a steady amount when it's not on the ground. (In this scenario, x and y are position on the field, and z is the height off the ground.)

In the real world acceleration from gravity is 32 ft/s2. You have to convert that to pixels per tick like so:

g = -32 * pixels_per_foot / (ticks_per_second * ticks_per_second)

If you're using metric, because I understand soccer is a sport of the unwashed heathens, gravity is 9.8 m/s2 and that would then be:

g = -9.8 * pixels_per_meter / (ticks_per_second * ticks_per_second)

You also have the option of adding things like air resistance, which is proportional to velocity. If you have air resistance, then every tick you can do this:

vx *= (1 - air_resistance)
vy *= (1 - air_resistance)
vz *= (1 - air_resistance)

A sample resistance might be 0.001, just as a value to test. Air resistance is actually a force like gravity, but it's always proportional to velocity and always acts in the opposite direction, which is why the formula above works that way. You don't strictly need resistance, but a soccer ball has a fairly large profile and its air resistance, while low, does come into play in the real world.

When bouncing off the ground, you'll want to cut the velocity down at the time of the bounce, and reverse vz. How much it cuts down is up to you, and is basically defined by the friction of the turf against the ball.

If the z velocity gets below a certain threshold when the ball is on the ground, it should roll. Rolling friction is different than sliding friction, but the principle is the same. Unlike air resistance, rolling friction should be a steady linear reduction in the ball's velocity.

if(z < radius + FUDGE && abs(vz) < FUDGE)  // ball is rolling
v = sqrt(vx*vx + vy*vy + vz*vz)
if(v)
f = max(0, v - rolling_friction) / v
vx *= f
vy *= f
vz *= f
In response to Lummox JR
Thank you so much for the help Lummox, i will try and see what i can get !
Just a small gif update! Vendors are being wrapped up today and we should have a new stable build again! I've been working on the new portal ability for players; casting is done, just need to make the ability. PIXEL_SCALE is also probably the best thing to happen to Feed ever.

You can also sometimes find loot in broken crates now. So that's something. Expect Devlog #3 really soon! (^8
I'm back baby.

I now have the ability to use BYOND at my day job again.

With this, because it's been so long since I've worked on the game, and the various improvements that have come out since it's inception (Planes, plane master, parallel animations, image flicking, PIXEL_SCALE, etc.) I will be completely remaking Lux from the ground up.

There are several things I had to forgo when first making Lux that are entirely possible to accomplish with BYOND in it's current state. As a result, much of my code is incompatible with newer systems and very inefficient on top of it.

This is a good thing though, it gives me a clean slate to build the game on top of instead of trying to rework it's outdated infrastructure.

So, expect more from me and Lux in a week or two once everything's back up to snuff.
In response to Bravo1
Best news I've heard all week. :)
Update #13 for Paradoxus has dropped.

http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=2223074
In response to Bravo1
Welcome back, looking forward on seing how your game shapes up.

Some preliminary testing.

Just a heads up, when I said "from the ground up", I meant it.

Punchbot likely MC now (possibly more expressive/interesting I think).
Wall-E bot better still be an unlockable skin or a part-time companion or the main villain or something. ;p
New ball physics, based on what Lummox and D4RK3 54B3R said and a lot of reading :

In response to Tacurumin
Tacurumin wrote:
New ball physics, based on what Lummox and D4RK3 54B3R said and a lot of reading :

Holy shit this is amazing
In response to Ishuri
Thanks bro, way better than before finally !
In response to Tacurumin
Tacurumin wrote:
Thanks bro, way better than before finally !

Congrats. You just ventured into the world of trig without ragequitting. Welcome to top-tier BYONDing. Also known as basic mathematics knowlege.
It also became a basketball. Lol
In response to Tacurumin
Looks great!
Thank you so much guys !
In response to Bravo1
Bravo1 wrote:

Some preliminary testing.

Just a heads up, when I said "from the ground up", I meant it.

Punchbot likely MC now (possibly more expressive/interesting I think).

Can my headlight thingy be red instead of white please :D?
Page: 1 2 3 ... 267 268 269 270 271 ... 349 350 351