In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
BYOND 511.1380 is now officially the new stable release.

Post screenshots scrub, you can't just announce a project and not post any screenies.
In response to Unwanted4Murder
Unwanted4Murder wrote:
Lummox JR wrote:

Post screenshots scrub, you can't just announce a project and not post any screenies.

Unwanted4Murder wrote:
Lummox JR wrote:

Done.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
Unwanted4Murder wrote:
Lummox JR wrote:

Done.

!!! Nadrew stole Lummox's source to post that screenshot. he has a decompiler, somebody ban him quick!
I get so excited to see what people are working on, then disappointed when the alert is just for bullshit posts .-.
In response to Dubious Game Studios
Dubious Game Studios wrote:
I get so excited to see what people are working on, then disappointed when the alert is just for bullshit posts .-.

there ya go

:makgibs:

mak gam

Just for you;
(On a side note, this is the first time, I make a char creation screen only using interface elements. I actually like the end result!)

Makgam

(Jumping on roofs cuz yknow #thuglife, also ramps sliding cuz thats how cool I am)
Makgam

Link to the game's hub:
Cloud Magic wrote:
The shadow effects are looking real nifty. Does that use a lot of overhead to have those huge cloud graphics animating constantly?

You can fire off an animate() proc once and have it animate itself the entire length of the world. This effect should cause very little overhead.

@Kidpaddle: I still think your slide looks like dick, but you already knew that. Make him fall farther and animate client.pixel_y and client.pixel_x to make the camera follow the slide better. Other than that, lookin' good.

:makgam:
It's something!
Reminds me of Dwarf Fortress :)
In response to D4RK3 54B3R
Actually it is inspired by DF to some extent (only played it recently). For quite some time I have thought of giving different map layers to my procedually generated world system, so now I did.

The world can be assigned min-max height layer (currently: -16 to 16, 0 being base height, 33 layers), which is easily adjustable and modifiable for each realm, atmosphere color can also be adjusted. Rendering height is at 5, which means only 5 levels from your position downwards get rendered. Rendering is only applied to layers that are actually loaded in (aka in use).

Planning to add limits to x and y axis for movement as well, currently is infinite (limited by BYOND numeric variables). Planned warp modes when moving around the world or generating are NO_WARP, X_WARP, Y_WARP, in case of fixed sized worlds. Current world chunk size (world.maxx x world.maxy) is at 32 x 32.

NO_STEP is used in movement due to lack of requirement and better performance, it gives a better/smoother result instead of using duplicated objects on upper layers, lower layer objects are displayed as overlays instead.

Each of the layers will be output as an icon as well, therefore a map of the current existing world, layer by layer can be rendered as well.
Cloud Magic wrote:
The shadow effects are looking real nifty. Does that use a lot of overhead to have those huge cloud graphics animating constantly?

I plan on releasing a new lib soon: 2D Environmental effects. It'll include what I got in most of my projects; Wind, dust particles, light source, shadows, moving clouds (moving any direction based on wind) etc...

Vid instead of GIF:3

Just made a new Discord channel for those interested:
https://discord.gg/hXffqSY
In response to Kidpaddle45
Kidpaddle45 wrote:
Vid instead of GIF:3

Glad you at least made the camera follow better. :p
Why does his shadow stick to his feet when he's jumping? Is he Peter Pan? ;P

I also didn't see any dust particles/wind, but I can't fullscreen the video because I'm at work, so that's probably why.
Building interiors are a thing. \o/

Unwanted4Murder wrote:

http://www.byond.com/games/Unwanted4Murder/SuperSportsBattle

Top Keek sound effects
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
Wait, card games are lame, and spinning top battles that you can't control are cool?

Son, we need to have a talk.

lol this made my day
Page: 1 2 3 ... 271 272 273 274 275 ... 349 350 351