first learn how to state machine
In response to D4RK3 54B3R
D4RK3 54B3R wrote:
first learn how to state machine

Sunday.
In response to Bl4ck Adam
Bl4ck Adam wrote:
how to gui pls

That's one thing I haven't mastered (not saying I've mastered anything else or anything)

Idk just draw them and code them lol only way I can put it XD I can't explain how to do them I just do them
I've changed my color scheme it seemed a tad dark

SS1
In response to Bl4ck Adam
Well, I'd say look at Falacy's Monster Kingdom, taught me a great many things. However, you'd first need to repair the broken references and then the layer. At least that's where i learned how to GUI, though I am no big master, rather a beginner.
In response to Gold94
I recommend you to tone down the grass contrast a little bit, I think it will looks better.
Hey guys, remember what I said about me making a pseudo-3D battle system? I've got some good and bad news:
Bad first:
I still suck at everything that's graphics and can't seem to get into blender. Oh well. No original sprites for you, folks. I used some images I found that I'll replace. Especially the parallax, since it doesn't loop correctly and is too small for my fighting system.

Good one:
This gif should resume all the good points nicely:http://imgur.com/a/JbVwm
Reminds me of The Royal Nonesuch.

You should really look into improving that parallax; I'm not sure that a single flat image is enough to pull off a convincing camera rotation look like what you're trying.

You could try maybe using multiple layered parallaxes along with some environmental objects like stalagmites or bushes.
Man, great idea. It will still need some time to make a few, since I'm thinking of doing some 3D prerendering so that I only need to take 3 camera shots in a different angle for the mob icons and stuff without having it look awkward and I am finding blender somewhat difficult to deal with.

My attempt at an attack animation.
In response to Tacurumin
Tacurumin wrote:
I recommend you to tone down the grass contrast a little bit, I think it will looks better.

I intend to redo the grass completely it was just a first attempt xD the tiles I've made before are boring me a bit, my bases idle is animated and I hope to have quite a lively world that looks actually alive and with grass and tiles like these it just won't do :p but I appreciate the comment, next time I'll tone it down a bit
Tsk tsk tsk... Gotta do better Gold.
In response to Southend_boi
Southend_boi wrote:
Tsk tsk tsk... Gotta do better Gold.

Tiles aren't my strongest point XD but I'm getting there man I'm getting there everything else is going smoothly I just haven't taken the time to work on tiles yet I don't see them as important this early, everything I've done so far is essential
Yut Put wrote:
https://strawpoll.com/6y4rbd7

obvs I clicked "make a new engine and art style(lots of work)"
Old

New
WOW.
I don't really like the use of a poll to get an answer for that.

I personally only played epoch and it was fun, there is nothing wrong with any of the 3 options but the poll is so one sided towards making a new engine.

My only comment to that is, what if SS13 were told they better make the game from scratch?

The games you made using your knowledge and experience aren't trash, you can improve on them and make something greater without wasting time reinventing the wheel.

I don't feel like any choice is a wrong one, it all depends on what you -want- to do but I feel as though "let's remake the whole thing" is quite the common mistake developers tend to do and lose a lot of time because of it.
I'm with Rotem on this one. Incrementally improving Epoch and Nother's engines to try to solve problems and annoyances with the engines found during development as well as an overall optimization might wind up serving you better than starting from scratch.
This ^^^ Although it depends a bit on which of those options excites you the most. If you're just sick of looking at those engines, it might be worth working up something else.
In response to YURIRAMOS
YURIRAMOS wrote:
What is the best way to use an item in a radial inventory? More one small button? Click on the item? Button next to the item? Drag to the circle? Or another creative option?

Out of curiosity, how are you creating the circular UI? Have you drawn a massive icon? A normal-sized icon scaled up? Or is it drawn procedurally?
Page: 1 2 3 ... 275 276 277 278 279 ... 349 350 351