In response to Dubious Game Studios
Dubious Game Studios wrote:
text smaller, super crowded screen.

I agree, smaller text would look better. Ideally more inline with the size of the rest of the HUD.
I wish I could but the screen is already 18x14 tiles and with to many filters in view a 'delay' is noticeable in movement.

The font itself is 3x5 pixels so idk how that'd be possible.
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
I wish I could but the screen is already 18x14 tiles and with to many filters in view a 'delay' is noticeable in movement.

The font itself is 3x5 pixels so idk how that'd be possible.

Display health/stamina/armor as bars above a player's head. Equipped text only at top left, environmental text and/or informational text can appear bottom middle but fade in/fade out so it's not taking up screen for too long.
In response to Bl4ck Adam
Move the shadow downwards by another pixel or two. It should help improve the sense of height/depth.
Bl4ck Adam wrote:

The fall/flight mechanic is very attractive. Also love the arching doorway.

In response to PopLava
PopLava wrote:

Thanks Pop Lava!

The first gif shows the beginning of descriptions and all that.

By the second, I've more dynamic keys.

Bl4ck Adam wrote:
PopLava wrote:

Thanks Pop Lava!

The first gif shows the beginning of descriptions and all that.

By the second, I've more dynamic keys.

It's so pretty.
Trying to figure out a way to do Dwarf Fortress style terrain height. Anything higher than your level is black.
Anything one or two levels below is faded and blurred.
More than two levels is blue. Terrain is just height blobs thrown at a wall for now.

In response to Flick
That looks very nice. ;)
Been working on this map for the past week, it sure is a pain in the ass to do stuff like this.

It's mostly done except for NPCs and minor details.

It looks something like this in the actual game, only it'll be a bit less empty.

Also started working on the first dungeon like location, which'll probably take another week or more to just make the map.

It's actually starting to feel like a game now though (despite having no name). Maybe one day it'll be worth playing.

Here is a few of the various UI screens in the game too, because they're a pain to make so I may as well show them off.

Stat screen
https://imgur.com/qjWcI6f

Skills/Abilities
https://imgur.com/W7Qa8FD

Shop
https://imgur.com/2mUUAby
Inventory
https://imgur.com/QbbqVJN
In response to The Magic Man
The Magic Man wrote:
Been working on this map for the past week, it sure is a pain in the ass to do stuff like this.

It's mostly done except for NPCs and minor details.

It looks something like this in the actual game, only it'll be a bit less empty.

Also started working on the first dungeon like location, which'll probably take another week or more to just make the map.
The colors are really pleasing to the eyes. And that's a pretty dope world design ^^
In response to The Magic Man

Got some bat ai going. It needs work, but progress.
Bl4ck Adam wrote:

The overall feel of the bats is great. Are those big white streaks that come at you supposed to be the teeth?
In response to PopLava
PopLava wrote:
Bl4ck Adam wrote:

The overall feel of the bats is great. Are those big white streaks that come at you supposed to be the teeth?

Thanks! I'm actually surprised I was able to manage the ai. It was starting out so wonky

The way the animation was made, I'm sure it's supposed to to be more of a quick strike frame. With the latest work, it looks a lot better.
All the showcases on the last page look really good :o
I'm definitely partial to Bl4ck Adams game design. Almost looks like a proper/genuine throwback SNES game that I never had the pleasure of playing. Very classic look. Simple looking, but at the same time does not lack in originality
Tbh its almost discouraging at how many superb-looking projects are in the works right now. Gives me a confused boner.
Needs some polishing but here ya go

In response to Ablaz3
Ablaz3 wrote:
Tbh its almost discouraging at how many superb-looking projects are in the works right now. Gives me a confused boner.

Think about all the in-progress games that people walked away from over the years that were pretty great. Don't want to think about what sort of physical reaction that would give you.
In response to PopLava
PopLava wrote:
Ablaz3 wrote:

Think about all the in-progress games that people walked away from over the years that were pretty great. Don't want to think about what sort of physical reaction that would give you.

Yeah. Be dead inside.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 303 304 305 306 307 ... 349 350 351