In response to Ganite
I know it's a work in progress, but regarding the enemies, I think they shouldn't outright disappear upon death. Maybe a death animation or a special effect, like a puff of smoke, before they disappear would look appealing.

I don't have much to say about the AI since Unwanted4Murder already covered it.

Regarding the fire ability you used on the mushrooms, I do think it should have slightly stunned / knocked back the enemy instead of letting them walk through it. The character animation made it seem like a heavy attack, so maybe adding screen shaking to it with the stun / knock back effect would give it a more powerful feel.

Edit: A follow up to my previous suggestion. Perhaps setting it so the move can be chargeable would give you multiple levels of how large of an area the fire covers and how intense the screen shake and stun / knock back effects are.
Hey guys! I just want to announce that the first 4 chapters of Transcend are officially up. If you'd like to try them out check out the hub here: http://www.byond.com/games/ExentriksGaming/TranscendT

I also made a post you can read more about it here: http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=2306089

And I leave you with this gif to give you a sneak peek of the combat:

I am still working on it and polishing it everyday so please give it a try if you are able to. I've worked really hard on this and I am really looking forward to your feedback and criticism. Thank you!
In response to Requiem Dev
was actually a fire ball just was to close to monster lol.
In response to Ganite
That's my bad. The animation looked like the character sprite held his sword above his head and slammed it down, so I assumed it was an elemental-based heavy attack.

Regarding what seems to be DoT damage from the fire left behind by the fireball, will enemies have different elemental resistances? E.g. a fire-based monster healing from the DoT instead of taking damage?
In response to Requiem Dev
well you just gave me the idea to do that now lol
22 food items, 7 melee weapons, and getting to guns now.
Loot is now spawned at game-start inside of containers for players to collect and use to survive.

Really needing an artist :3
In response to Ablaz3
I have stopped comparing myself to others and my work to other's work awhile ago. Don't worry about what we're doing, focus that energy on what you want to create and showing us what youuuuuuuu gottttt!

Dawn - 48 Hours Remain
"And the leaves were falling.."
Too much screen noise...
In response to MysteriousProgrammer
MysteriousProgrammer wrote:
Too much screen noise...

the real problem is that the screen resolution is so small to the point of being unplayable
In response to Spartality
Spartality wrote:
MysteriousProgrammer wrote:
Too much screen noise...

the real problem is that the screen resolution is so small to the point of being unplayable

Have you played before, Spartality? Typically, the only people who complain about the resolution/viewport size are people who haven't actually played before.

Regardless, Feed is a fast-paced, chaotic game with a lot going on. If you're not a fan of frantic shooters, you probably won't enjoy Feed. That said, approximately two days until Feed goes live for our open beta event! I highly encourage you both to drop in and play a match or two at some point while it's up. (:

In response to Doohl
Duh, of course i've played before, you can't just invalidate my criticism of your game because you don't like what I have to say. You're so thick skulled that you think that viewport is not only acceptable but also better than what it should be
In response to Spartality
Spartality wrote:
Duh, of course i've played before, you can't just invalidate my criticism of your game because you don't like what I have to say. You're so thick skulled that you think that viewport is not only acceptable but also better than what it should be

I wasn't invalidating your criticism, just mentioning your opinion on the matter is a minority perspective so i'm not going to change what isn't broke.

I'm sorry someone pissed in your Cheerios though, guy. You seem like you've had a rough day.
Not a minority perspective make a poll on the forums asking if feed's screen resolution is too small and reveal the truth to yourself
It must be Hate-Kumo-Day, damn. ):

Edit: All i did was post a bleach clip in your thread High Society, idgi?
Page: 1 2 3 ... 305 306 307 308 309 ... 349 350 351