In response to Crazah
Looks good, keep it up.
For all of you fans of larger-than-BYOND's-max-precision integers out there, I have exciting news: I'm finally working on getting operator overloading implemented in pif_LongInt. I already have it fully-implemented in the Unsigned32 class, and I'm working on getting it in Signed32. Unfortunately, in the process I found two bugs, one with % and one with **. Lummox has already fixed them, but I'm gonna wait until the next release with the bug fixes before I release the new beta in full.

The good news is that this means you can use LongInt objects a little more like regular integers. E.g., the following code for a binomial coefficient function is more like usual DM code than before:
proc/Choose(n, k, type = /pif_LongInt/Unsigned32)
/*
* This method was found at:
* http://www.geeksforgeeks.org/space-and-time-efficient-binomial-coefficient/
*/

var/pif_LongInt/Int = new type(1)

if(k > (n-k))
// Choose(n, k) = Choose(n, n-k) so by doing this we reduce the
// number of steps needed.
k = n-k

for(var/i = 0, i <= k-1, i ++)
Int *= n-i
Int /= i+1

return Int

Unfortunately, one still has to use the Print() method to display it correctly in embedded expression and etc., but this might be a big help to anyone who was intimidated by it before.

(Considering I have less than two dozen downloads on the library, I kinda suspect most won't care but whatever.)
In response to Popisfizzy
I love you. ;)

Technically I'm done with this specific thing, but this is my current "project".

Indeed. I've resumed my tutorials that I started long ago.
In response to Albro1
Albro1 wrote:
Indeed. I've resumed my tutorials that I started long ago.

I thought that was a music editor for a second.
What video editing software is that?
Is the content for BYOND? If so, any plans for how you will deliver/host the content?
Are we even allowed to post non-BYOND WIP stuff?
Cause if so I am working on something but not sure if it's relevant for this thread.

Probably not :[

edit: You know what, I'll start working on Linux-oriented webclient stuff for BYOND and see what I get out of it. It'll be fun
In response to PopLava
PopLava wrote:

Davinci Resolve. A great free alternative to Premier.

Is the content for BYOND? If so, any plans for how you will deliver/host the content?

Yes, and yes. I've already started the content on my YouTube channel. I also made a post in BYOND Tutorials & Snippets. On top of that I also launched a Patreon alongside it, where I release tutorials one week before they go live for the public (among other benefits).
In response to Albro1
Albro1 wrote:
PopLava wrote:

Davinci Resolve. A great free alternative to Premier.

Yes, and yes. I've already started the content on my YouTube channel. I also made a post in BYOND Tutorials & Snippets. On top of that I also launched a Patreon alongside it, where I release tutorials one week before they go live for the public (among other benefits).

Cool. I've been meaning to jump onto Patreon for a while now to support a number of people. I just pulled the trigger on it so you're my first. :)
Wondering if Lummox has considered using Patreon!? He would likely do very well with that sort of scheme.
In response to PopLava
I saw that, thanks.

I’m not sure how much he’s considered it, and as much as I’d like to say I believe he would benefit from it, I can’t imagine he’s gone this long without thinking about it at least a little. But here we are, so I guess that is his choice.
id:2262750 It's been considered. He really should do it. Would be nice to be able to set up a few dollars a month and not have to worry about it.
In response to Flick
Flick wrote:
id:2262750 It's been considered. He really should do it. Would be nice to be able to set up a few dollars a month and not have to worry about it.

You shouldn't have gone so hard in that thread. You killed Lum. That man had a family.
In response to PopLava
PopLava wrote:
Wondering if Lummox has considered using Patreon!? He would likely do very well with that sort of scheme.

Yes. Actually Tom suggested this some time ago and I've been kicking myself for not getting to it sooner. This is really a must-do and I'm planning to jump on it in January.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
PopLava wrote:

Yes. Actually Tom suggested this some time ago and I've been kicking myself for not getting to it sooner. This is really a must-do and I'm planning to jump on it in January.

Don't procrastinate, at least get your account created by the end of the month.
In response to Lummox JR
I am interested in hearing about the potential improvements we could see in the BYOND client with the right kind of funding, and what kind of features you would allow patreons with a certain contribution amount to vote on for you to focus on implementing, Specifically am interested in if there is some way for you to update the drawing client to something like PIxiJS .
Forgive my laziness in not doing L-cuts everywhere (only in some places). But this was this week's (well, the video that will go public next week) video timeline.

Small clip of Ginseng and I killing some time!
After spending 40 fucking minutes tracking down a bug that was a result of me misreading a lowercase L for a 1, I now have a working implementation of the MT19937 algorithm in native BYOND code. I've also verified it against the C++ mt19937 class, and it matches in my trials. There's not a whole lot I can show off except statistically-random sequences of numbers, and code that the average BYONDer will find boring, but regardless I'm gonna try and get it a little more featured (right now, you can only pull 32 bit integers in [0, 232-1] from the class) and get it up on the hub.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 313 314 315 316 317 ... 349 350 351