In response to Popisfizzy
that's way more than a hexagon.

That would actually be an enneacontakaidigon.
*adjusts bowtie and monocle*

Hexagons man... Trippy.
Still working on my triacontakaihexagons...
In response to Maximus_Alex2003
Maximus_Alex2003 wrote:

Hexagons man... Trippy.

Beautiful. :) Should try getting some rotations in there.
In response to Flick
Flick wrote:
Beautiful. :) Should try getting some rotations in there.

You'll have to ask the original artist for that. I just copypasta'd from the googs.
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:

light a candle,
burn a wick,
candle jack
will make you
THICC
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:

Suck his dicc!
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:
question your sanity?
;)

I'm going with sick, since I seem to remember some hospital related stuff in your earlier posts.
In response to Kumorii

...is that DB32?
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
...is that DB32?

Of course ;) I did find some other interesting palettes here, but I really like DB32...
I'm here to announce that the original successor to SByIo called ImageIO will now be scrapped. Instead, a brand new successor will take it's place and go by the name of IOdine (make sure to take in healthy doses)!

Main focus is to bring an important input/output library to the masses and packs quite the power. It will open-sourced too to ensure it hangs around. A few assets from ImageIO have been brought over to this project (including the fonts).

Without further ado, here are the latest experiments:

Right now, it's not available publicly just yet as I have only begun work on it. I may look into implementing maptext support in the future as well. Right now, I want to bring back the idea of bitmap fonts into text objects.
Flick, seeing your project makes me kinda wish I'd done a hexagonal map format at some point. I had always quite wanted to.
I'm currently working on what I expect will lead into me overseeing the creation of the greatest science fantasy game of all time.

It will have the technology of Galactic Civ 3 and Mass Effect 3. It will have the immersion of GTA V and Skyrim. It will have GTA V's scale as well as Skyrim's immense player generated content and mods. It will also have political gameplay elements in it inspired by Sid Meier's Civ 4 and 5 and Gal Civ 3. It will have the most indepth, "balanced" magic system in the history of reality creation, I promise you that! I hate nothing more than the lack of balance in gaming.

All I need is investors, and volunteers. Investors, later. Volunteers, now.

I'm looking for coders, pixel artists, a host, and mappers who are willing be to work for just the opportunity to show off their talents. I'm broke as fuck so me paying people isn't possible.

I'm a self published author who will come to be known as the godfather crime fantasy and mature science fantasy.

The story world is completely built. The mechanics for the future game and its different game modes are already completely planned out.

I've already released a novelette: Mystica Part 1: The Present at https://www.wattpad.com/myworks/ 152216111-mystica-part-1-the-present for free.

Novelette Summary:

To put an end to galactic criminality and much more, a mysteriously powerful mage recruits a retired professional mage fighter to join him in crime fighting.

For information into my story world, check out: https://mysticaseries.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Pages

It's largely based off of the real world with just magic and sci-fi technology, making it a great platform to discuss contemporary issues such as prison, religion, drug prohibition, and other relevant topics.

If you are interested in coding for me, mapping or pixeling, or hosting , hit me up at [email protected] or here.

I have a playable alpha based off of the Finale Source Code by Dragonn. Let me know if you want it sent to you. Great gameplay first, great graphics later.

My game is going to run off a lot of player generated content because after I'm done with my novelette's story and some of the game's story , I'm retiring, meaning if my game takes off and you generate content for it, you'll likely be employed by whatever developer purchases the rights from me to continue to generate content for it.

Games that don't generate new content don't generate new money.

I’m currently finishing up the 3rd part of my novelette, and will be releasing the second part as soon as the timing seems right.

Current Plans

Get this game as big as possible.
Get the first part of my story illustrated by a manga artist.
Release the last two parts of my story with very little distance between each other.
Get the last two parts of my story illustrated by a manga artist.
Get a manga distribution deal.
Get a movie deal.
Get a game deal or deals.
In response to KA_Stokes
In response to KA_Stokes
KA_Stokes wrote:
... drug prohibition ...

I'm interested.
Lmao was that a joke?
In response to KA_Stokes
Okay, now that I have some time I can provide some actual criticism.

You need to set your sights absurdly, vastly lower. I want to say that ideas are a dime a dozen, but that's significantly overvaluing them, and unfortunately all you really have right now is an idea. Investment won't come—unless you can find people who are woefully naive and optimistic—without having some sort of proof of concept or demonstration or work-in-progress that shows not only you have something to show for all your ideas but which can also show you can achieve your goals.

Something based off Dragon Ball Finale (or whatever it's called) is far, far from satisfying these requirements. Take a step back and reconsider how the video game industry, and honestly any industry, works. You need to greatly lower your expectations.

It seems your hopes to get this all off the ground are based solely on your writing getting big. Because of that, you should focus first and foremost on learning to be a better writer. I looked over what you have, and you need a lot more practice. I'm not going to cite every problem detail here, but the two big ones are that you need to learn to: (1) show, not tell, and (2) realize that writing is a lot more than conveying details as they happen. You go into way too much detail on mundanities that can be inferred or glossed over. For example, the last sentence of your first chapter ends in this paragraph.

He pulls out a pair of handcuffs from a pouch on his utility belt. and handcuffs the Slaver with his hands behind his back. From his other pouch, he pulls out a pair of shackles and shackles the man's legs. He pulls out a blindfold from handcuff pouch and blinds him.

Basically all of this is unnecessary. All the audience needs to be informed of—at most—is that he arrests him. The reader can fill in the blanks.

Your Sources of Inspiration page has a paucity of written works. Good writers read. A lot. That's basically advice number one to any person who wants to write. You need to beef up that list of things you've read by a considerable margin.

My last point of criticism is this small sentence here,
The story world is completely built
You claim here you've worked on this for about two years, so I find it highly suspect that the world is "completely built" in any meaningful sense. There is a lot of empty pages on your website, and quite frankly what's there is slim. Some is swiped from Wikipedia (which you legally need to cite), and some is very sparse details.

The reason I bring up these points is that there are a few media in particular you cite as inspiration, just to relate to the creative process.
  • J. R. R. Tolkien worked on his legendarium starting in World War I and continued to work on it for the rest of his life. It was 38 years between the time he first started working on The Fall of Gondolin, the first story set in what would become his Legendarium, and the time that The Lord of the Rings was published—itself a work that he had spent twelve years on.

Tolkien never considered his legendarium a finished or "completely built" work. Up until his death, he revised the Silmarillion or worked on its internal and external (e.g., theological and philosophical) background.
  • Mass Effect had a four year development cycle, and when Mass Effect 3 was released the setting had been in development for eight years, and still was subject to changes. As Mass Effect: Andromeda shows, Bioware has continue to work and build the setting. It's certainly not complete in any sense.
  • In a similar vein, the Elder Scrolls series has been in development for 24 years, though TES really became TES with the release of Morrowind in 2002 with Kirkbride's insanity and influence on the setting. Dating from then, that's still 16 years of development. Kirkbride, though no longer officially involved with TES, still produces new work (e.g., c0da) which brings about new ideas (such as the Amaranth, the Towers) and events (such as the Landfall) to the setting, and which change the interpretation of the setting and its future considerably. As such, it's clear that TES is in no way "completely built".

That's quite a diatribe, but my main point—and a point I make hearitly as an avid worldbuilder whose has been developing a setting for six years now and which I can not conceive of a scenario where I would call it "complete"—is that if you believe you have developed the your setting completely, it is in all likelihood extremely underdeveloped. By thinking you've detailed all there is to detail or all you need to detail, you've missed an unfathomable amount of which there is to detail.

I wish you the best of luck, but you very much need to reanalyze your work and reevaluate your expectations if you want to have any hope of making your dreams even an approximate reality.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 327 328 329 330 331 ... 349 350 351