Awesome work Gold94 :o :o
I wrote a big post but Byond logged me out in the time between typing it and hitting save so I guess I'm just going to stick this here...

These are the kinds of things we knew were possible as soon as vis_contents was released, but I haven't seen anyone bother to actually do it yet:

vis_contents makes the world go round. The visible part of the boat is actually on another z-level.

Round and round and round. Basically, turfs at the world edges have the turfs on the opposite edge in their vis_contents.
In response to Bravo1
That's why I always write long posts in Notepad/Notepad ++ and then paste them in when I'm done. Typing in browsers is really fucking finnicky.
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:
These are the kinds of things we knew were possible as soon as vis_contents was released, but I haven't seen anyone bother to actually do it yet:

vis_contents makes the world go round. The visible part of the boat is actually on another z-level.

Round and round and round. Basically, turfs at the world edges have the turfs on the opposite edge in their vis_contents.

Can you explain round and round a bit more? My brain is melting at the thought of the edge turfs having each-other in one another vis_contents and then how that impacts the mobs.
He's giving the world the appearance of looping back on itself by forcing the world to draw turfs from the other side of the world. He then teleports the player when they hit the edge of the world instantly, giving the appearance of a seamless world.

I used a similar concept a year ago, except instead of linking edges, I created look-down layers on the map that caused the player to be able to look down into different Z-levels.
In response to Ter13
I actually love the aesthetic of this. It reminds me a lot of Dwarf Fortress.
I actually have probably 200+ tiles and ~100 or so sprites done in that style for a roguelike set. I keep meaning to package them up and sell them on itch or gamedevmarket, but then I get sad that I'll only ever make $50 off of them... Which is 5 burritos richer, but still. I probably put at least 20 burritos worth of effort into the set.

Click for full-size view:

(And that's only a fraction of that set)
In response to Ter13
If you're ever interested in doing something with it, I'd be down to collab on a side project.
@Ter13 - The effect you're displaying can be achieved by simply teleporting a player to a different z-level. What Kai is doing is a little different. Still don't understand it.
In response to PopLava
PopLava wrote:
@Ter13 - The effect you're displaying can be achieved by simply teleporting a player to a different z-level. What Kai is doing is a little different. Still don't understand it.

It can be achieved by teleporting a player to a different z-level. This isn't the case in his example though. What he's doing is actually very similar to Kaio. It's just in the Z axis instead of in the X/Y axis.
Reiamaps Project update.

some meandering around the map:

thunderstorms

a quick look at the core build system:

showing off more features of the build sys (rotation, scaling, pixel offset, copy + paste and palette functionalities):

some miscellaneous features (drawing, ruler, text, etc)

I like the artwork. Is that all your own or did you commission an artist?
my art for the most part. Some of the NPC's and one or two tiles are placeholders from another game though.

In response to Gold94
I suggest using imgur or sharex. (:
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:
I suggest using imgur or sharex. (:

Is there any real difference?
Page: 1 2 3 ... 333 334 335 336 337 ... 349 350 351