Mounts in Feed are officially completed and implemented at long last. Mounts can be found as random event spawns around the map as you play. You may mount them by interacting with them and interact while mounted to dismount. Note that you cannot pickup or interact with stuff while mounted and your mount *can* be stolen by other players if you're not paying attention!

Mounts negate all weapon weight from your movement speed and often provide a faster movement speed than alternative methods. October is nearly here and that means Feed season is upon us and i'm excited to share all the really neat changes that have been made!
In response to Kumorii
Why not a rat mount? ;p
@Konlet: not a bad idea. ;p I think it'd be a Ratt, though. ;p

Added new mounts, mounts soon to make you immune to certain ground hazards, such as fire. New mechanisms: switches! you can see a switch being used to open a stone door in the gif below:

it's almost October. . *hooba hooba*
Haven't posted in a while, but here's some of the progress since last time:

https://streamable.com/qkcmm

Working with an artist on new graphics for the player character (prelim work shown).

Updated the flamethrower to be more efficient and look a bit better, reduced its range a bit.

Changed default lighting scheme, base darkness now has a slight blue tinge to it, which is easier on the eyes.

Internally: Reworked a bunch of stuff, like how lighting masks are applied. I also just today discovered that I can do some niftier stuff with lighting masks, so I'll be using that in the future for some more interesting effects hopefully.
In response to Bravo1
Please don't stop. Ever. Until release. Because that game of yours is just yes. So much yes. I love games with a more classic feel to it like that
In response to Toddab503
honestly the real only reason I still check this post for lol
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:
Added new mounts, mounts soon to make you immune to certain ground hazards, such as fire. New mechanisms: switches! you can see a switch being used to open a stone door in the gif below:

You added my giraffes, you sick bastard.
In response to Manio
Manio wrote:
Kumorii wrote:

You added my giraffes, you sick bastard.

it might take years of uncertainty, but i always deliver. :fingergun:
Playing around with KaioCode:

Pretty nifty. Thanks Kaio :)
Interesting accident...
^ Space Invaders 2018, instead of moving side to side the enemies circle around you getting closer and closer. The player sits inside a barrier they have to selectively break.
https://streamable.com/di4bs

Fiddled with the base icon a bit. Added reverse walk animation, running animation, jump animation (still need to do something for falling), and crouched state. I also made is to that your velocity slightly affects the angle of the body a bit when walking, and a lot while running, so that the player leans into their movement.

I'm also slowly but surely moving towards vis_contents in many applications. Usually when icon_state is something I don't care for, which is quickly becoming the case across most of the project.

I'm unsure if I'll keep the body bounce during normal walking, as you're allowed to fire while walking and the bounce separates the tip of the gun from the point at which you'd fire and it looks pretty bad as a result.
In response to Bravo1
I kept thinking and waiting for you to wall run
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
I kept thinking and waiting for you to wall run

Hmm, best I could do is make it so that gravity can be realigned to a cardinal direction (I could do to any angle, but it would be way harder to make walking work on angles like that), but that's about it.

I'm taking the Dead Space 2 approach to Zero G: There is always a floor, no wall walking, but you can float around as you'd like.
Not sure if it has ever been show cased in your game but what about the possibility of Wall-Jumping? I believe its called like using a wall to jump onto a floor.
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
Not sure if it has ever been show cased in your game but what about the possibility of Wall-Jumping? I believe its called like using a wall to jump onto a floor.

That's not too hard to do code-wise. Making the art for it on the other hand... ehhh.

I don't think I have the need for it at the moment, considering I can make it so you can turn off gravity in rooms via access panels, which gets you to the same spots (if not more).

Looks very.. Yut-ish
Page: 1 2 3 ... 347 348 349 350

Login to reply.