Last time i worked at night system. In game this "light circles" are dynamic resize by matrix, soo effect is much better :D

Never really thought of tackling it that way but that's a good approach. I like your nightfall btw. Very realistic.
and some others ss :D

I know about some bug's, like fence shadow.
The art and design is not finalized, but here is what me and my partner have been doing. Making slow progress as school but im slowly going at it.

photo jumping_zpsei8vv6sg.png

I have decided that jumping unlike my last version of my game will be a key component. Jumping on enemies, jumping across platforms, jumping on enemy heads to reach distant platforms. Just adding some platforming to the game which i thought was important to its fun. Anyway early stuff we've been messing with.
http://i.imgur.com/IG7kCZM.gifv

cue harry potter music
In response to Doohl
Doohl wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/IG7kCZM.gifv

cue harry potter music

Oh shite there's going to be a feature where we can turn into a frog :O?? I wanna play >:S.
No, that's one of the witch's potion projectiles. It temporarily turns you into a frog and disables spell casting.
In response to Pixel Realms
Oh :c. Guess i'll be spending lots of time with the witches xD.
A lot of that is attributed to this:

http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1947587
Some new screenshots XD

Fishman house:

Lights:

In response to Marekssj3
Looks fantastic man!
In response to Marekssj3
Marekssj3 wrote:
Lights:

Are you using a blend mode for that light or no?

I feel like after hundreds of comments already and the really good soapbox this thread provides, maybe we can getting it stickied so it hangs around forever? :3
On Topic sort of already does this, though, and in a thread like this, I get updates whenever someone posts something new, so it's nice to see the daily crop of improvements and new, cool things people are working on.
In response to Bravo1
Bravo1 wrote:

I believe he's using a layer of dark blue over everything on blend_multiply for the night effect, and then on top of that the lights are on blend_add.
In response to Bravo1
Bravo1 wrote:
Marekssj3 wrote:
Lights:

I use just picture (while circle - light) with blend_modde=2, alpha~180,and higher layer than black background. Also I use matrix, for better effect. :D

In response to Marekssj3
That's really nice. I thought about doing that with my lamps as well for the day and night system but eventually didn't worry about it.

At the time animate wasn't a thing. Yours worked out really nicely.
So much bigger better updates to come as lots of progress is being made, but just to show how things are still progressing along here's a little something from Hunger

In response to Toddab503
Looks great man keep up the good work! Man I love coming to this topic and seeing all the great things people come up with..
Page: 1 2 3 ... 54 55 56 57 58 ... 349 350 351