In response to Dareb
i was just talking to a guy i used to know a few years back and hes now turned into a major drug dealer, he was like bragging how he takes speed and how hes got loadsa pills on him right now and if i was interested =S he showed me his pockets with about 20 in a little bag. so i made my excuses and hoped to never meet that guy again...

<quote>
alcohol 
and
tobacco

these are the dangerous drugs, id set fire to any house i knew contained these.
</quote>
you gona set fire to everyones house then, i thikn about %1 of the population is going to live, wait even ned flanders has a bar in his garage. o.0?
In response to Dracon
First off, it is illegal. If you get caught smoking it, you can very well be put in prison for a number of years.

That's a practical argument against using it, but it doesn't have anything to do with the actual propriety of it. If there were a law against having red hair, it would be good advice for me to dye my hair, but that doesn't mean it's a good law!

You have more of a chance of crashing in a car accident, then if your blood alcohol is a bit over the legal limit.

If that's true, I'm astonished. Personally, if I had a choice between driving on a highway full of potheads and a highway full of drunks, it'd be no contest...

And you are also just as likely to commit a crime, or have a crime committed against you, as if you were drunk.

Hmm... I'm kind of skeptical about that one too. Unless you're counting marijuana possession as the crime committed, in which case all I can say is "well, duh." :) I'd have to see some credible studies before I could buy the driving and crime arguments.

Besides, I believe you can find more productive things to do.. Hell, when I'm upset, drinking away or smoking away my problems won't help.

That's true enough, but it assumes that the only possible reason anyone would want to do it is to drown his sorrows. It's like saying "I'll never play a BYOND game because I don't need it to feel good about myself."

I'm not picking on you, and certainly not trying to encourage illegal activity -- just pointing out some angles you may not have considered.
In response to Scoobert

Next, you are more likly to commet a crime whil you dont fear punishment.

I dont fear the punishment any law can lay upon me, why dont i just do what ive been planning for the longest time and just rip of the dealers and pimps of this city i live in?

Also, most poeple dont know that one joint has 10 times as much stuff that gives you lunge cancer than cigerettes!

Now where did you hear that load of patooey? Unproven, unscientific, and unfair to state things just like that. who did you ask, dr.knownothing?

People spend all there life buy pot and cocane because its the only way to exape the fact that there drug atics.

cocaine is a dangerous drug, but pot isnt addictive.. there is no chemical reliance that is formed. only an emotional attachment can be brought about. and thats all about comfort.

Im sorry, but if you smoke pot or do any other illigal drug, you should be shipped out of this country on your 3rd offence. But that is just my fealings on it.

Take pot out of that equasion and im with you.
In response to Maz
whoops.. typo... indeed those drugs are dangerous, but the last two i wouldnt go through such a drastic measure.. i wouldnt want to seem like a butcher for such a reason and never would i intend to claim lives. i feel that the message would be clear. deal in drugs and have you stash and house burned.
In response to Gughunter

If that's true, I'm astonished. Personally, if I had a choice between driving on a highway full of potheads and a highway full of drunks, it'd be no contest...

yeah, highway full of drunks.. if the potheads windows are up :D
In response to Dareb
like on scarey movie :D
In response to Dareb
Get it into your head people! Smoking is bad for you, there all bad, none of them are good! If you like marijuana so much why don't you take a s*** in the toilet, take it out and roll it up in paper! Light it up and smoke it! Marijuana is bad, don't say that cigarettes are worst than it because it's not true! There all bad for you and if i could change one thing in life, it would be that drugs were never discovered! And don't even get me started on cocaine, snorting it up your nose, you myswell just take an earth worm and sniff it up your nose like that guy did on MTV's Jackass! I heard that 90% of criminals in the United States overdose drugs and alcohal, and i believe it! You feel sorry for those poor people that can't afford anything, and they smoke to bring there worries away, NOT TRUE! They're poor from being addicted to drugs! Im not saying all people who are poor smoke, but some do! I'm just sick and tired of drugs, we have to get rid of this [stuff]! i bet that sniper in maryland thats shooting all the people is on some sort of drug! So don't say we didn't tell you when your in the hospital and you can't remember how to talk, you suficate in your smoke! So think twice, i know end my post...

-Bob, The non-smoker
In response to Imbob182b182
im not saying they are good at all, i know they are all BAD for the body..

im saying that undeniably, scientifically, socially and biologically. When it comes to the damage the drugs do to the body.. Marijuana does the least! hell even caffeine does worse
In response to Gughunter
And you are also just as likely to commit a crime, or have a crime committed against you, as if you were drunk.

Hmm... I'm kind of skeptical about that one too. Unless you're counting marijuana possession as the crime committed, in which case all I can say is "well, duh." :) I'd have to see some credible studies before I could buy the driving and crime arguments.

I think this may be a case of "correllation does not equal causation", where someone looked at some statistics and made that statement. A lot of criminals use drugs, so those caught commiting crimes are on drugs. This doesn't mean the drugs made them commit the crimes, however.

-AbyssDragon
In response to Dareb
for one, i learned that pot has 10 times more of the cancer stuff from my health teacher. And pot is too adictive, but not to everyone. You seem to guess at these things, not realy knowing the facts.
In response to Scoobert
Scoobert wrote:
for one, i learned that pot has 10 times more of the cancer stuff from my health teacher. And pot is too adictive, but not to everyone. You seem to guess at these things, not realy knowing the facts.

Dareb's facts are actually right, and are backed by scientific study. As far as I know, there is no way to really say that marijuana has more carcinogens since it's content changes radically depending on where, when, and from whom you get it. Regardless, things would improve a hundred fold if it were able to be legally sold with filters and a consistent form of processing.

Also, marijuana is not addictive... at least not by any usable form of the word "addictive". Traditionally, addictive substances are those that form certain chemical responses in the brain that causes your body to crave that substance. Heroin, for example, does this. So does caffeine. Marijuana does not. Lately, the term "psychologically addictive" has been made up so that all drugs can be called addictive. The problem with that term, though, is that anything can be psychologically addictive. In this sense, marijuana is no more addictive than BYOND. Some people like it, others don't... but there's nothing that makes it any more dangerous or potential to addict than anything else.

-AbyssDragon
In response to Gughunter
Maybe if I got my information from a more reliable source... heheh...
In response to Dareb
How about skinning the dealer and somehow keeping them alive without any skin while you cover the him/her in salt?

<<>>Kusanagi<<>>
If drugs didn't exsist then you would probably of died from a disease by now, or a serious head ache(<insert deity here> bless Advil)! Without drugs surgery would be incredibly painful, how would you like getting your stomach sliced open and organs moved around without a dose of morphine? Also, I don't see why you think drugs are the most evil thing in the world, it's not something you should be worried about at this time, if you care about things that have little to do with your life then why aren't you out feeding a homeless child or trying to save the whales? Plus, <sarcasm>judging by your well spread vocabulary of human fecal matter I would think you know a lot about drugs</sarcasm>, or don't know a lot about drugs.... Trust me, before you call a substance evil you should do some real research on it with correct sources, until then your opinion is as pointless(to me at least) as a plastic corner guard in a kinder-care center.

<<>>Kusanagi<<>>
In response to Kusanagi
Lol, but we're talking about those bad drugs, MARIJUANA, CIGARETTES, COCAINE, LSD and all those other drugs you smoke or snort.
Marijuana and cigs are not bad unless you over use them, other than that marijuana can be used for medicinal purpouses and cigs can be used to calm your nerves, which in some cases can be very helpful.

<<>>Kusanagi<<>>
In response to Scoobert
I think your teacher is merely repeating what he read in a book 10 years old (as is mostly the case in schools) Therefore, as sad as I am to tell you, teachers are not to be taken seriously, yet, they are to be agreed to silently knowing they are wrong just to get good grades.
In response to Scoobert
I really hate to agree with dareb(and believe me I do) but hes right about the addictiveness of marijuana. Its not physically addictive, you arent going to go into withdrawels if you dont get a joint. Its mentally addictive(after a fashion,) you just think you need it, Darebs right, its just something you get used to and think you need it.
In response to Jotdaniel
*does a snoopy dance from "Peanuts"*
Its a bad thing, people cant control themselves. I know plenty of burnouts, my brother being one, that will be high more often then not. If its legalized it probably wont cost quite as much, its not hard to grow and they cant tax it that much. It's just bad.

My brother just got off of 6 months probation tuesday, his 17th birthday, and he'll probably get high very soon if he hasn't already. I know a seinor at my school that got off of probation recently, he went and got high for almost a week straight after school(during school, and before school as well.) Its not good and NO ONE should do it.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5