ID:1914343

Resolved
The screen-loc mouse parameter returned incorrect results when the map was partially cut off. Also, the map did not properly redraw during size changes in these cases.
BYOND Version:508.1294
Operating System:Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 44.0.2403.130
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.

After resizing the map control such that the visible area overflows, there are issues:

• the map control turns black until the next redraw
  • the screen-loc parameter of mouse events is wrong.

I've seen this on other computers: Windows 7, 8.1. I got a report of someone else seeing this. This is a pretty recent bug.

For a demo, run the Map Zoom demo and comment out the animate() lines in demo-map.dm. They're actually secretly there to hide this issue, but they're less effective when running in Dream Daemon because redraws are less frequent.

Can you double check that this is 508.1294 that this is happening to?

Because 1294 did fix a bug relating to the mouse position being incorrect after a downsize.
In response to MrStonedOne

It seems more like that fix (or maybe a similar change before it) created both of these bugs. The bugs didn't exist months ago, for sure.

Are you not experiencing either of these issues at all?
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:

It seems more like that fix (or maybe a similar change before it) created both of these bugs. The bugs didn't exist months ago, for sure.

Are you not experiencing either of these issues at all?

It happens alot, once you resize it goes completely black until you do something with dream seeker(clicking, execute etc. goes back to normal)
Can you give me a test case for this? I know I fixed a bug just like this in 1294, so the fact that it's still happening doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
In response to Lummox JR
Problem: I can't use your demo because your shapes library is broken. You uploaded a zip that only includes a .dme file.
@Lummox: That's a standing bug in package source. It fails about 20% of the time to insert any files into the zip file.

Been around since at least 501, and has been quite the annoyance for a lot of people. Klogaum's latest Criando non-rip project is just a bare DME. About a third of the stuff people try to send me via skype is just a raw DME until I let them know.
In response to Ter13
Repackaged and uploaded my shapes library. That's the first time it happened to me, and the latest Criando is the first I've seen of it.
I've seen the packaging bug too. From what I can tell it seems to happen if you package source before compiling (for the session). I'm not sure how it got introduced but it's something I still plan to look at.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
The screen-loc mouse parameter returned incorrect results when the map was partially cut off. Also, the map did not properly redraw during size changes in these cases.