ID:1914966

This is a post to how I'd like to use to improve my own game, and to discuss everyone's ideas on how they promote a more social game. Here is what I believe currently.

1. Trolling or having fun: you need to have at least a few items that do goofy and fun stuff with the players. Maybe it's handcuffs like in dayz or maybe it's something more.

2. Content blocker: block content to groups only. Now some of this may be obvious such as vs modes. But maybe even add pve zones with higher difficulty to only allow a party in. Now this could increase the chance another person might want to play with others and thus perhaps grow.

3. An economy. My game currently lacks this so I want go in depth as I haven't experimented. But you need a player economy. Trading, stealing.

4 experiment. Perhaps players love it when other players deaths grants them their loot? Perhaps they don't. A lot of experimentation is always needed in games to find that perfect number.

These are just some ideas as now that I've started on my game, I'm wanting to grow it and thinking about the social features that make players have fun with another
This is why I switched Pondera into a mode-based project instead of an all-in-one. Currently I have: Design and Build (Building Only), PVE, Semi-PVP (Class based pvp where only a few can attack), Open-PVP (Everyone can attack), and a Story mode. I have even thought that an RTS mode would be possible.
In-game economy is another topic; mine has player created with trading and stealing in PVP.
In response to AERProductions
Seems it would be harder to design it all separately. Like sure designing it as a bit harder but you just need to think a bit more. Or maybe I misunderstand how these modes work

I'm about to add stealing in a intuitive way which I think will add a good fun interaction between players as well as introduce player economy before trading is introduced.
In response to DanteVFenris
DanteVFenris wrote:
Seems it would be harder to design it all separately. Like sure designing it as a bit harder but you just need to think a bit more. Or maybe I misunderstand how these modes work

I'm about to add stealing in a intuitive way which I think will add a good fun interaction between players as well as introduce player economy before trading is introduced.

That is the beautiful thing about it though, I already had the functions for each of the modes finished in the all-in-one before I split the project into modes so they could be individualized and expanded. The other primary reason I split them is because it is very difficult to design an openworld sandbox online MMORPG that allows people to build on the map that people are suppose to progress on. I couldn't design/program around that so I merely separated all of what I wanted to do (I didn't want to create a separate residential area or anything).

Really, any bugs I fix in this first mode I am releasing will be instantly applied to the other frameworks. The only thing I am changing is the content and links within the framework itself so that it represents that mode.