ID:1915037

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
My dream seeker will be running fine for a few minutes, and then it'll start to freeze and lock up. I can't figure out what's making it freeze. If anyone could help I'd like it!
Best response
We would need a lot more information to be able to help. You haven't provided any details at all. The more you can tell us up front, the better.
What operating system and/or browser are you using?
Windows 8.1, opera
What were you trying to do when the problem occurred?
Just trying to play games, happens on Space Station 13(no matter the server), and Misuterri High.
What actually happened, and how did it differ from what you expected?
My dream seeker froze up, and I had to end task it several times through task manager.
What steps did you follow?
I had to force close dream seeker through task manager, I redownloaded, reinstalled byond, even cleared the byond folder in my documents, nothing has helped.
I can't for the life of me think of why DS would simply freeze up like that, unless 1) your system has serious driver problems, or 2) your system is badly infected with malware. Infinite loops are the kind of thing I would expect on a server, not a client.

The malware possibility is probably the easiest to pursue. I'd suggest running Malwarebytes and a good antivirus program to check for anything that might be a problem. If that doesn't clear things up, make sure your video drivers, sound drivers, and your .NET framework are up to date. (BYOND doesn't use .NET, but I've heard that some versions of the framework have caused problems for people anyway.)
Malwarebytes returned exactly as I expected, completely clean, no malware on my computer, no virus, nothing, I take really good care of my computer. I will check the drives, I just recently updated my graphics driver, but I'll check again.

Video and sound drivers are up to date, installing latest net framework, will see if that makes a difference.

It has not made any difference, I am still freezing each time the cpu for dream seeker exceeds 25%
The thing that gets me is that DS doesn't really have a lot of capacity for infinite loops--they're the kind of thing that might show up more on a server.
Anything you can suggest?