ID:1915326

Yeah, so there's this sidescroller game of an anime (Naruto) where they use sprites from Game boy advance games and the sprites of artists that imitate the art-stlye of those GBA games, the thing is:

1.- They don't give credit for ANY of the sprites.
2.- They don't ask for the use of sprites, they just take them.
3.- They made these things called a "lock character" and "skins". The first is basically a character on its own that has special abilities, so it costs money to unlock them. The problem? basically making money off someone else's art. The second, skins, is basically one character, same abilities and all, but with different looks, for which they also use another person's art. There's no money shares.

How would I need to proceed to take down the game?
If you're the owner of said art, send them a Cease & Desist, if they fail to comply, talk with a lawyer.

Your first step is to send the C&D to the host, then too the "owner".

if you aren't the owner of said art, notify the actual owner.

Just a note, you can only .. Ask for the removal of your work, not someone elses.

In most cases a C&D will be enough, if not, suing for damages could be a good idea.

Do you have a hub link for this game?
Do you know if a company is hosting it?
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
In most cases a C&D will be enough, if not, suing for damages could be a good idea.

The thought of kids trying to go to small claims court over naruto sprites made me lol. I hope if it ever happens, that case will be televised so I can witness the chaos unfold.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
A.T.H.K wrote:

The thought of kids trying to go to small claims court over naruto sprites made me lol. I hope if it ever happens, that case will be televised so I can witness the chaos unfold.

I second this.
Sounds like this game had a population of 2 and isn't worth caring about.
Shows this kid is raging cause he isn't allowed to be op by nolifing a game.
considering the fact that everyone goes AFK in anime games technically making the player count 0, having a population of 2 active players is a significant achievement in comparison.
I never said I wanted to sue. I'd probably end up spending more money than I would gain and more importantly, it wouldn't even hold in court.

What IS happening is that the guy made, for sure, more than a thousand by now, by using other people's stuff, and the naruto games and stuff also have copyright.

The thing about notifying the people is that there are between 50-100 different artists, because there are multiple characters and multiple skins, often made by different people.

This is the game:

http://www.byond.com/games/ZerokKaiba/COSAB

Thanks for assuming I'm a kid, this is not either morally or politically correct, making money off other's people's time and effort. Is that so childish? Learn some ethics.
Honestly it doesn't look so bad but they have one fatal flaw:
If the IP holder of that anime takes concern they will send a cease and desist and that game will have to figure out what to do.
The thing is, multiple games on the site do this. The fact that you're singling this "ZerokKaiba" guy out of the dozens of rippers running around makes me feel like this is some attempt to get revenge. Did he not grant you GM in his game or something? Did you happen to get banned by any chance?

I don't think for one second you're doing this because of morals and ethics. I think ZerokKaiba pissed you off and this is you trying to get back at him.
Empirez, if you had read anything I said, you would the difference is that the only other game I'm aware of is Naruto Eternal Memories and the game is inactive, other games I haven't found any sprite sheets for theirs WHILE they make money off them, and most importantly the fact that this Zerok Kaiba guy is using one of MY sprite sheets, other games don't. That's what makes the balance tip.

Nice conspiracy theories though.

I'll try to contact the holder of the anime or something.

/thread
In response to Jokurix
Jokurix wrote:
and most importantly the fact that this Zerok Kaiba guy is using one of MY sprite sheets, other games don't.

Nice conspiracy theories though.

GG
In response to VixiV
VixiV wrote:

Heh.
Annnnd that's all she wrote, topic closed.