ID:1916369

I'm getting ready to make my next set of updates to my current main project Kage no Odori : Rise of the Tengu.

I do need an artist for work like:

• Combat Effects
  • Skill Effects
  • Clothing
  • Turfs
  • Icons

Not a slave driver by any means- example :
I asked a friend to do some suits. He gave me an ecp- I said, ok.

Day 1 rols by-no suit. No biggie.
Day 2- no suit, no visible progress-no biggie.
Day 3- not even 10% but some progress.
Day 4- Not responding.
Day 5- Sends what work he does after two hours of (give me 30 mins) -Still didn't trip out.
Day 6- Not responding.

Which brings us to today. My point in bringing this up? Just don't be that guy. I am not sure why artists somehow believe their work is more important or time consuming than programming-it's not because I have done both before. I simply don't wish to take the time right now to hone my pixel arting skills to meet the level of my current main project,it's more efficient to team up.

F Ex:

Often times in programming it can take anywhere from 10-20 hours or more just to get one complex system working.

I completely understand the need to draft, idea brainstorm and conceptualize before doing art. I completely understand pixel arting being mentally draining.

But I've just come to the conclusion that most artists are fickle, a bit immature in their mindset and self centered. It would be great if I could meet one that would prove me wrong, but that hasn't been the case-and there have been many.

So what I'm looking for is rather simple.

A person whom I don't have to motivate constantly.
A person whom I don't have to constantly ask for progress from to get them to do any actual work.
And- a person that actually follows through with their plans.

If such an artist exists and, you are by some chance interested in working with me on this or other projects: by all means- drop a line.
*Other Projects*
Fairy Tail : Prime (will not be worked on until Kage is done or a team is formed.Non profit based.)
Ki Warriors : A balanced DBZ based original game that is 90% done code wise-just lacking clothing for the base and some skill effects as well.

P.S. Please, save the butthurt if you're going to reply with "well if you'd do this" or "not all artists are the same". This is just my opinion which has been shaped entirely though experience with artists here, and elsewhere. I'd love to meet an artist that contradicts experiences of the past though. End tl dr.
-Avid
I'm pretty sure they take a look at the Classified Ads, but not all are interested in the project you may be working on.
In response to Jordan11
Yep, hence me making this post.
In response to Avidanimefan
Avidanimefan wrote:
Yep, hence me making this post.

Have you tried just making your own art?
I've done all of the graphics for my game; gives it a certain feel and theme that is uniform and consistent unlike other projects that use whatever icons they can find (All from different makers with different styles).
I'd think the game would be more appealing if the base had "chibi" anime eyes to match the other elements that are so blown up (the head, etc).
In response to Soundz
Maybe so, I like them the way they are but I suppose I've never really seen anything else.
In response to Soundz
But if you are talking eyes like the character has on your avatar pic then I'd have to decline. That eye style just doesn't look appealing on my base.
In response to Avidanimefan
Avidanimefan wrote:
But if you are talking eyes like the character has on your avatar pic then I'd have to decline. That eye style just doesn't look appealing on my base.

The character in his profile isn't chibi
In response to Colesprite
I didn't say it was.
It does feature the eyes he was talking about however.
Edit:
I'd be fine with eyes like this:
Hello, I have a few questions..
In response to Javster
Ask away
It's in regards to this "Ki Warriors : A balanced DBZ based original game that is 90% done code wise-just lacking clothing for the base and some skill effects as well."...

I'm not sure if you would like to exchange emails, and see what can be done. I am looking to get back into action, I cannot program and I was interested in a project myself. Dragonball Z related may be we can help each other become a great team.

http://www.byond.com/games/Javster/ANewWorld
I started playing BYOND about 10 years ago, and have been on and off. I've been meaning to get back into it since at work, I have may be 4-5 hours to kill time on and I would like to get some stuff, make original product and possibly make some profit off of it. I would like to work, for or with you if its possible. Let me know as soon as possible if you would like to see my most recent work.
Holy shit it's Javster!
Lol, yes. Sort of back.
Good to hear. I sent you a PM btw.
Glad to see some old familiar faces on again.

Stayed up late working on the game actually but here's a screen shot
In response to Zach Reznor
LoL.
Is that an actual quote from Yoda or just a meme you created?
Page: 1 2 3 4