ID:1916426

Resolved
The client eye was out of sync with the mob in some cases.
BYOND Version:508.1295
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 44.0.2403.130
Applies to:Webclient

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

After a lot of messing around, I haven't really been able to discern the cause of this nor how to work around it, but it seems when moving diagonally the client's view desyncs with its eye holder.

I've doubled checked that client.glide_size and client.eye.glide_size are the same in this scenario.

[Gif]

(Sidenote: notice I've also been noticing a pretty random and heavy FPS loss when the player moves, but that's probably for another thread. You can see it for yourself in the above gif)
Ah, I'll have to look into the sync issue then. The Gliding code has always been notorious for sync problems, so no surprise that resurfaced here.

The FPS loss appears to be entirely client-side, which is good news for the server at least. Still looking into ways I can shore that up, although in even the old Severed World with the larger view I didn't think that was too terrible.
If you need to see this live, I have a server up. Alternatively I can just give you the latest Severed World code, since the code you have is probably outdated / maybe will not reproduce this issue.
I've also noticed movement not being smooth as well in the web client. Running in Dream Seeker it's fine, but as soon as I run in the web client I experience fps loss every few steps.
The latest source couldn't hurt to have. I'm sure I'll be able to setup a sync test of my own, though.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
The client eye was out of sync with the mob in some cases.
The movement is no longer as jittery/out of sync as it was in 1295, but in 1296 it's a lot more sluggish and jittery than it was in 1294 (pre-DSification).

It's hard to really describe, but movement and input in general just feels a lot less responsive.