ID:1916504

Not a bug
BYOND Version:508
Operating System:Windows 8 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 44.0.2403.130
Applies to:DM Language

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary: Whenever I attempt to call multiple separate animation steps, it either causes very weird glitches with the animations or simply doesn't function altogether. Updated to version 1295 and has the same problem.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem: Call any two animation functions together.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
if(fade_in) spawn()
alpha=0
animate(src, alpha=255,time=fade_in)
if(spin) spawn()
animate(src, transform=turn(scale,(spindir?90:-90)),time=spin/4,loop=-1)
if(size) spawn()
animate(src, transform=scale.Scale(size),time=lifetime)
if(fade_out) spawn()
animate(src, alpha=0,time=fade_out)

Expected Results: Animation tweens without conflicting animations should stack together.

Actual Results: Animation tween regardless of the animation will break in some fashion when multiple animations are called together.

When does the problem NOT occur? When only using one animation at a time.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds: Manually interpolating the animation every frame. Not optimal.

If this is intended behavior, why can't it be updated to make it work?
You can't have more than one animation running at once. What you're trying to do is control multiple parameters, which you should be doing via arglist() in a single call.
Lummox JR resolved issue (Not a bug)
This would make it SO much easier to do especially complex and pretty animations.
In response to Lummox JR
The only problem with that is that all of the animations are timed differently, otherwise I would just do that.
There is no concept currently for simultaneous animations. It's not compatible with the syntax, either.
In response to Lummox JR
Damn, well, I guess it's back to the drawing board.