ID:1916706

Skype's kinda suck these days with its giant ads, CPU/memory usage, not being able to be actually closed, etc. so it was recommended that I try out Discord:

https://discordapp.com

It's hard to try out a new chat client alone, so I started a server/channel for yall to check it out with me. (This is a link to the channel, not a user referral thing.)

https://discord.gg/0S5SIBRazEr1L9U2
What about Teamspeak?
In response to Rickoshay
Rickoshay wrote:
What about Teamspeak?

I use to run a teamspeak server but it would constantly disconnect everyone after 5 minutes so I gave up on it. Never could figure out why and ISP didn't know anything either.
I disabled my Skype ads and haven't had any trouble making it shut down, memory usage and CPU are rather low too, dunno what your issues are =P.

Been running for about 5 days.
Skype is a gov't backdoor.
I don't use it and I uninstalled it when they sold out.
Everything on computers has government backdoors, you realize? It's something we've grown to accept.

Don't want problems? Don't do illegal crap.
You might accept it, but others do not.
Also your "if you don't do anything wrong you have no reason to be afraid" is the same reason Nazi Germany used. Just sayin'. Choice is the very definition of freedom and when the system tries to force everyone into being spied on, well, guess what, some are going to rebel while the majority accept it for some minor convenience. The exact opposite of freedom (or deserving it).

It is called encryption and the U.S. feds hate it for a reason. Sure, there may be backdoors on practically everything now (which is essentially all windows 10 is) but that doesn't mean they should get your encryption key or anything else other than garbled nonsense for them to see. :)
If you really think home-level encryption is going to do anything to slow the government down, you're hilariously naive (which seems to be the case judging by a lot of your posts).

I've probably been using computers (and being a "hacker") since before you were born (probably, just going on the age you act), we've always known it was easy for them to watch us, the trick is being creative enough to not be worth watching.

You're always going to be seen, online, offline, no matter what, there are eyes everywhere and it's most of the reason people aren't constantly wrecking things, that sense of 'if we do something bad, we're gonna get caught' is the whole reason society works, otherwise it wouldn't just be the stupidest people causing trouble, it would be anyone who thought they could get away with it.

Moral of the story is, no matter what you do, they can find out, if they have a reason to. We're well beyond the point of trying to mask ourselves, it's more a matter of not drawing the wrong kind of attention to yourself at this point -- which is what I meant by 'grown to accept it', I didn't say you had to like it.
Better than handing it over on a silver platter and licking boot.

We're obviously going to disagree so whatever, I'm done talking to you.
Your call, but I'm fairly certain I know more about the subject of security than you do, so I'm confident that the conversation wasn't going to be informative for me anyways. No loss here :)
For awhile there I was playing games with a group of guys and we'd use Skype for voice chat. Reluctantly, I downloaded a program called Curse Voice after a couple of the fellas talked me into it (I was actually happy with Skype and saw no reason to change). Now, I only use Curse Voice. It's great for voice to voice and text chat isn't bad at all. There's no file transfer, so that's a bit of a let down. However, voice to voice, it's defiantly better than Skype and TeamSpeak (in my opinion).

Honestly, if you're looking for a nice program for voice chat, I would defiantly give it a try.
Pfft who uses curse voice anymore...
Anyone .. want a TS server :P ? Free of course.
I'm with Nadrew on this one. You can try to make yourself invisible via encryptions and VPNs, but ultimately consider that your ISP has your ass. And the government (assuming you're based in the US) has their ass.

If you're in the crosshairs of a serious federal investigation, there's nothing you can do to hide from it.

Now, I'm not saying I'm totally okay with The Big Man reading my texts, emails, and skype logs - but I'm also not going to throw my arms up into the air and cry bloody murder. I don't make a habit of discussing illegal activity on the internet, anyway. But if we're talking about programs and operating systems selling your data to the highest bidder... that I have way more a problem with. And even that's still pretty tame and relatively harmless, imo.
Let's be honest. Unless you're organizing some underground militia cell with explosives and cyber terrorism, the government does not give a shit about your network traffic. I could think of a billion and one better things they could be doing than spying on some kids internet while he plays Minecraft...

Also, the argument of, "I'm done talking to you because I don't agree with what you say" is probably one of the more childish things I've seen in a while. Just saying. Grow up, understand you're not right all the time and learn from it. There's a reason the majority of your IQ score is based on how you learn and not what you already know.
I'm done reading this because I don't agree with what you type.
In response to Kozuma3
Well, I don't... like... your face!
In response to Kats
Kats wrote:
Well, I don't... like... your face!
I love all of you. <3