ID:1916780

Not Feasible
Applies to:BYOND Pager

Implementing this feature is not possible now or in the foreseeable future
While I'm well aware that we are unable to have a full BYOND App would be unfeasible, I would like to suggest a pager app to make it easier to contact other users of BYOND whole in areas without any proper computers. This is basically just a request for greater convenience. Thanks for reading.
As it would be unfeasible*

Sorry. Writing on a phone. It can be difficult occasionally.
Most of the features of the pager can be accessed directly from the website. The more feasible suggestion would be having the website updated to provide a mobile version to mobile browsers. It has been suggested before (as has an app) and it is definitely on the list of things that can potentially happen in the future, but for the time being it's simply not a priority.
Nadrew resolved issue (Not Feasible)
I have a script that can redirect mobile devices to a mobile version of your website, if you are interested.

There are also commercial services that can do this.

@post below - Understandable and yeah those pro services are ridiculous. I ended up just using a script and not really caring. (Mobile is not my demo, haha)
We're pretty aware of how to do mobile redirection, and definitely can't afford a commercial service for it (the free ones make things that look hilariously unprofessional).

It's simply going to have to wait until actual focus can be put into making a reasonable mobile version of the website -- the proper way.
A web browser can't trigger a notification.

It can't start on boot and remain idle.

People generally want native apps because they are generally more responsive, less time downloading and rendering assets, and are able to cache things like message history to remove delays.

All lum really has to do is expose an api, or document the current protocol. The community will do the rest.
I'm not saying a native app wouldn't be nice, I'm saying it's not something priority needs to be put into. "Exposing an API" or "documenting the current protocol" isn't a trivial thing, you realize, probably be less work for him to make a native app himself.
In response to MrStonedOne
MrStonedOne wrote:
A web browser can't trigger a notification.

Not yet; Chrome is working on an API for that. Not sure what to expect from that though, as it'd have to be taken up by other browsers to become useful.

All lum really has to do is expose an api, or document the current protocol. The community will do the rest.

I'm open to exposing an API at some point; I've just had other concerns for the near term. I do however think that a more mobile-friendly site will tackle more issues at once.