ID:1916801

BYOND Version:508
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Opera v.*** (actually, idunno version of my browser)
Applies to:BYOND Pager

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:When i want to open friend list and do this i have my byond.exe crash.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1) load boynd client;
2) Logging ind and click "FRIENDS"
proof -

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
  Application name: APPCRASH
Application name: byond.exe
Application version: 5.0.507.1286
The timestamp of the application: 55694a94
The name of the module with the error: byondcore.dll
Version of the module with the error: 5.0.507.1286
The time stamp module with the error: 55694996
Exception code: c0000005
Offset exceptions: 001dfc4c
OS version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Actual Results:every time i try to open friend-list i have byond.exe crash

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? - every time i click on "friends" list
In other games?nope.
On other computers?nope.

When does the problem NOT occur? It does not occur on any else computer with another version of win7 (32 bit, i think). On these computer i had the same stable(newest) byond version.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? The same problems in all version i chosen from earlier builds.

From the looks of things, you're using a Russian-native language for your Windows setup. BYOND has trouble handling non-English locales. That's probably a major cause of your issue.

If it's not happening on other computers it indicates the size of your friends list isn't at fault (which is usually the cause of crashes such as these) so I'm only assuming it's your non-English locale at fault.
Hey, that's a good clue. I'll see if I can find any info in a trace as well.
I'll try to "install english" in wy w7 and 'll repeat.
Ty for answerz
Well... What else i can do?
got the same problem :/
Do you have any details on the crash? The Windows event viewer should have information about which module and offset the crash occurred in.
In response to Lummox JR
I hope this is what you want :

Journal name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 29.10.2015 18:56:03
Event ID 1000
Task category:(100)
Level: ERROR
User: N\P
(comp. name): Maks-pc(My comp. name, in russian symbols)
(desc):
(crashed app. name): byond.exe, ver.: 5.0.508.1299, time mark: 0x55e4cf8a
(crashed module name): byondcore.dll, version: 5.0.508.1299, time mark 0x55e4cdcf
exception code: 0xc0000005
The offset error(offset): 0x001ddfac
The ID of the failed process: 0x4b4
The start time Faulting application: 0x01d1126a8d60f868
Crashed app. path: C:\Program Files (x86)\BYOND\bin\byond.exe
Crashed module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\BYOND\bin\byondcore.dll
code report: f013f5db-7e5d-11e5-a9f0-201a06cb4134

Sorry for using g.t to translate into Eng.
Yes, that's what I needed. I'll look into it.
Rats. The crash is happening in a part of the sqlite code that doesn't really give me any helpful info. I'd probably need a proper stack trace to go any further with this.

For now, what I suggest is going to your BYOND data dir (in the pager you can go to Preferences | Advanced to find it) and find cfg\localhub.db. Close your pager, then rename that file to something else, forcing the db to rebuild.
In response to Lummox JR
What a problem...

I can't see any *.db file in BYOND directory
Something is wrong, because the pager shouldn't even open to the point it has without having created and filled that file. I wonder if Windows is hiding the file.

You should change your file settings in Windows to make sure it shows you all hidden and system files, and make it show you the extensions for all files. (The default settings for both of those things are stupid.) I'm also curious to know what the exact file path is for that directory.
In response to Lummox JR
Challange accepted:

Nothing changed. "Maks" in BYOND path - in ru. symbols
Hope it was helpful
I wonder if the BYOND path having Russian characters in it is an issue. One thing I recommend: Open your pager up and go back to Preferences | Advanced, and change the location of the BYOND dir. Change it to something simple like C:\BYOND, then close the pager and try again.
In response to Lummox JR
Changed directory to C:\BYOND.
Result: SUCCESS

Problem gone, ty for help. Can be closed
Thanks for the feedback. I'm gonna leave this open because the Unicode character issue has been a headache for a while and I'd like to eventually figure out a way to deal with it.
Hey there, had the same problem! And in addition BYOND hadn't been loading games at all.

Changing folder in "Preferences" helped =)
I hope it will be usefull for someone.