ID:1917325

BYOND Version:508
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 44.0.2403.155
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

/image objects don't respect mouse_opacity. Mousing over an image object with mouse_opacity value of 0 will result in a mouse function being triggered.

Expected Results:

Appearances should obey mouse_opacity rules.

Actual Results:

Appearances do not seem to respect mouse_opacity
Images have the same mouse_opacity as their parent object. mouse_opacity is actually a per-object setting, not per-icon.
Even when override is turned on?

Because if override is turned on, it's supposed to use the appearance of the image object, and mouse_opacity is listed as an appearance-related variable.
Even with override, yes; the parent atom still uses its own appearance to control a number of variables, including invisibility.

The reason I moved this to Feature Requests is that I think it's worth discussing ways of making this possible for image overlays. I think there's something to be said for letting some overlays have a different mouse_opacity than their parent atom--or for letting them be entirely mouse-transparent, at least.
There has also been a minor frustration that image objects take on the color of the thing they are attached to. We use them for building progress bars.

I think images could in general use more fine grain control from their object.
Bumping this because a project I'm working on requires image objects to be invisible to the mouse.
^A series of reset bitflags should be in the works already, but I agree, this should be one of them.