ID:1918500

Resolved
screen_loc values using the "to" format for multiple tiles did not work.
BYOND Version:508.1296
Operating System:Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 44.0.2403.155
Applies to:Webclient

This issue has been resolved.
Any of the "x1,y1 to x2,y2" screen_locs cause the object to not show up in client.screen.

I wasn't sure if this was mentioned as an incomplete feature or something, so here.
Shoot, I think I failed to test that adequately. I'll look into it.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
screen_loc values using the "to" format for multiple tiles did not work.
This problem doesn't seem to be fixed for me in version 508.1297. It shows the object now, but it does not tile it. This is using the directional format though ("SOUTHWEST to NORTHEAST"), instead of "x1,y1 to x2,y2". Using numbers instead works, though.
I tested with EAST,0 to EAST+1,1 so it was a mix. I'll do more experimenting.
obj
ScreenObjects
Tint
icon = 'tint.dmi'
icon_state = "tint"
screen_loc = "SOUTHWEST to NORTHEAST"

The above does not work. It just puts it in the Southwest corner 1 tile off of the actual screen. (As if it were WEST-1, SOUTH-1).

And, just to throw it in there: NORTH-1 doesn't do what it is suppose to do. I think a lot of these directions don't work. CENTER, however, seems to work as intended.

Edit: I just confirmed with another game as well as Eternia. v508.1289 doesn't have tiling issues nor does it have issues with positioning the elements (NORTH, EAST, SOUTHWEST, CENTER, etc).
Comparing to 1289 isn't especially useful, because that version was doing everything on the server.

I bet the dir parsing code just isn't right. The issue you found however really needs to be posted in a separate bug report, because this is not the same issue that I already resolved above.