ID:1918998

can i get byond on mac?by the way,i tried using byond on mac with wineskin and this blue bar that is at 100% still says loading live games from hub,help????
To use BYOND on a Mac you'll either have to find games that support the web-client and join those using your browser or get BYOND working on Mac's variation on the "Wine" project, which allows the running of Windows applications on Mac and Linux. Although BYOND is a bit touchy when being handled through Wine.

The web-client is in beta still however and hasn't seen widespread usage by server hosts yet, so that option is slim.

You could also try dual-booting into Windows, if you have access to it.
http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1917301#comment16387639

Save yourself the headache and just boot up a Windows VM and play in that.
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1917301#comment16387639

Save yourself the headache and just boot up a Windows VM and play in that.

whats VM? if you are refering to virtualBox,i cant use that
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
To use BYOND on a Mac you'll either have to find games that support the web-client and join those using your browser or get BYOND working on Mac's variation on the "Wine" project, which allows the running of Windows applications on Mac and Linux. Although BYOND is a bit touchy when being handled through Wine.

The web-client is in beta still however and hasn't seen widespread usage by server hosts yet, so that option is slim.

You could also try dual-booting into Windows, if you have access to it.
can you tell me the name of the server that supports the web client? and by web client you are refering to games i can play on here through my web browser,then please tell me
In response to Gaintgohan123
It's dependant on the host of that server, if they have the webclient turned on or not. It should show on the hub page.

Why can't you use virtual box?
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
It's dependant on the host of that server, if they have the webclient turned on or not. It should show on the hub page.

cause you need to buy a windows OS to load it up,and i dont have a credit card or a link,i need something thats all free
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:

and even when i try downloading the ISO it says file not found
In response to Gaintgohan123
Gaintgohan123 wrote:
A.T.H.K wrote:

cause you need to buy a windows OS to load it up,and i dont have a credit card or a link,i need something thats all free

Windows XP Mode is free and you can download it from Microsoft. VirtualBox will run it with a few... extra steps to say the least.