ID:191935

Have you noticed that if a person makes the following types of posts;

misspelled
suggestion
inquery
bug report
general discusion

that he or she gets visciously attacked by the oldbies of BYOND? That's kind of fruity, in fact, betcha' that this will get attacked as well!
Your most likely correct, considering I'm getting quite annoyed seeing you post every 10 minutes about a new subject which gets more and more meaningless each time, all your doing is eating up the other topics. Not like I'v never done this before though, but your doing it constantly.

And i was attacked for considering my opinions as fact, same as kus is doing here. These posts do have meaning, just because they mean nothing to you has no impact whether it belongs here or not, kusanagi if you dont think they have meaning dont read them
No, I haven't... want to link to some examples?

Z
Kusanagi wrote:
Your most likely correct, considering I'm getting quite annoyed seeing you post every 10 minutes about a new subject which gets more and more meaningless each time

heh, it's babble!

RaeKwon
Kusanagi wrote:
I believe it says, "Babble about anything you want!", not spam the forums with your thoughts every time one pops into your head.

<<>>Kusanagi<<>>

Maybe tom should change it. Babble about anything you want Anytime you want! eh? As a matter of fact he dont post that much. You post more!

RaeKwon
In response to Dareb
If you look at Kus's post, he begins it by saying "most likely"... i.e., probably, but there is some room for doubt or argument. That's not at all what you were doing.

Let's be honest, though... it wasn't even stating your opinions as fact that got people to jump on you... it was that you did so when you so often have accused others of doing the same thing. Most people put their opinions forth without any qualifiers (they say, "tomatoes taste good", instead of, "I like the taste of tomatoes")... you're the first one who chose to make an issue of it, so when you put your theories forward as fact, you got justifiably slammed for it.
Kusanagi wrote:
I post more because it seems he doesn't have enough thoughts to post, maybe he doesn't like thinking as often as I thought?

<<>>Kusanagi<<>>

He dont post that much. You do, no one picks on you.
So.. STOP PICKING ON THE NEW COMERS!

RaeKwon
Kusanagi wrote:
I actually say most likely a lot, if you type it into the search box you'll see my name come up 6 or so times on 1st page, that is under Semaj/Kusanagi. I better stop doing that!

<<>>Kusanagi<<>>

Found 239 matches for Kusanagi

Nice 6 times there.

RaeKwon
In response to RaeKwon
That's very nice, RaeKwon, but he didn't say anything about searching for Kusanagi.
In response to Lesbian Assassin
Lesbian Assassin wrote:
That's very nice, RaeKwon, but he didn't say anything about searching for Kusanagi.

I didn't understand what he said. Maybe if he spoke alittle more clearer that would help.(tell me what to search for)

RaeKwon
No, but I've noticed that they get attacked by wannabe-oldbies quite frequently.
In response to Leftley
LOL
In response to RaeKwon

I actually say most likely a lot, if you type it into the search box you'll see my name come up 6 or so times on 1st page

It's perfectly clear... I suspect that you, like so many other people, just kind of skip along as you're reading, letting your mind fill in the gaps you've skipped over. If you'd actually read the whole thing, you'd understand it. He says, if you type it into the search box... it is a pronoun, so he doesn't literally mean, type "it", right? At the same time, he hasn't even mentioned his name. If you're actually reading the sentence from start to finish, interpreting it as you go, it's perfectly obvious that there's only one thing it can refer to.
In response to Leftley
Leftley wrote:
No, but I've noticed that they get attacked by wannabe-oldbies quite frequently.

I've seen that in other communities too. Some people can't quite grasp how others get established. They also tend to see everything as a hierarchy, so to get off the bottom rung they decide to kick someone else down (or they think it's their due for having been around 3 months longer). These are the sorts of people who think "noob" is a valuable term. As far as I've ever seen, its only value is in highlighting the weasels better than a neon "Dunce" sign.

Lummox JR
I said that you didn't mention your name prior to your use of the pronoun "it", which rules your name out as a proper antecedent. Someone reading the whole sentence sequentially wouldn't have made RaeKwon's mistake.
In response to Lesbian Assassin
Lesbian Assassin wrote:
If you look at Kus's post, he begins it by saying "most likely"... i.e., probably, but there is some room for doubt or argument. That's not at all what you were doing.

Let's be honest, though... it wasn't even stating your opinions as fact that got people to jump on you... it was that you did so when you so often have accused others of doing the same thing. Most people put their opinions forth without any qualifiers (they say, "tomatoes taste good", instead of, "I like the taste of tomatoes")... you're the first one who chose to make an issue of it, so when you put your theories forward as fact, you got justifiably slammed for it.

I liked that last little bit, Lesbian... "Justifiably slammed." ^.^
In response to Koshigia
There is no such thing as "justifiably slammed"
how am i looking bad now?

i stated that there is no situation that deserves any kind of slamming.

It provokes anger, it makes people feel that it is alright to slam this person.

If you think of more why its always unacceptable please list them.

keep on thinking that
In response to Dareb
Dareb wrote:
There is no such thing as "justifiably slammed"

I'm not sure how to interpret this. Is it a postmodern argument that for a given act of slamming, or "slamming", there will inevitably be someone from whose point of view the action is unjustified? Or is it more of a Matrix-esque assertion of the illusory nature of reality?

Page: 1 2