ID:1919997

I tried opening my last topic where I showed a preview of Vegeta turning Super Saiyan, but I couldn't post any new comments sooooo, here I am making another one to show you guys what I'm working on now. The transformation process is very much alike as the last one. I probably half assed it to be honest. But just wanna get a feeling of how things will look in game. Suggestions would be highly appreciated since I'm looking for better ideas on what to improve/change how the transformation goes. Comments on the sprites themselves would be great too.

The smoke/dust/fog whatever you wanna call it will be after the transformation is complete. Just forgot to add it to the first .gif

Edit:
Here's my attempt at Freeza's last two forms.

Very nice!
I like it. Are you using original art for this project?
Yup. I'm the head pixel artist along with a friend of mine. All work has been hand made so far. Except for that blue lightning.
Now sprite Golden Freeza.
Looks pretty good from what I can see. Can't wait for more progress. Yea, I've seen that blue aura around, but the original shouldn't be as thick in my opinion lightning should be thin. A lot of DBZ games in the making it seems.

Doohl wrote:
Now sprite Golden Freeza.
Golden Freeza was a let down. They could've came up with a better design than a recolor.
@Oral123: Yeah I'm just using it as a place holder until I can make one myself. I agree with you 100% on Golden Freeza. That shit was whack.

@Doohl: Find me a palette for it.
I feel like the game's perspective is looking at Frieza from above, but Frieza is looking more...straight-on at the camera. This is even more prevalent in the dust sprite...it looks like it belongs in a platformer.

Also, if you allow the dust to "billow" outwards instead of just falling flat to the ground, as well as give it transparency and allow it to fade out, I think it would look much better.
In response to Albro1
Albro1 wrote:
I feel like the game's perspective is looking at Frieza from above, but Frieza is looking more...straight-on at the camera. This is even more prevalent in the dust sprite...it looks like it belongs in a platformer.

Also, if you allow the dust to "billow" outwards instead of just falling flat to the ground, as well as give it transparency and allow it to fade out, I think it would look much better.

You're right about that. I've never been good with perspective lol.
Instead of turning white and transforming u can have an spinning red aura surround him transforming him somewhat like the anime before it turned into a scene from akira although that is more of a wait an transformation hmm... I'll have to give it more thought i know there's a day to improve it... Can't out my finger on it tho.
This is why I need you Kai. Come back to me.
I like Coolers design much more than I like Friezas.
Same. I'm having players pick between Cooler, Frieza, or King Cold's design.