ID:1923550

(See the best response by Ter13.)
Code:

Problem description:Is there a way to stop an overlay from being animated with the icon?

Nope. You could make the overlay an /image object, or a separate object and move it with the root object manually, but that's about your only option.
I think, last time I checked, that you can just set the icon_state of the overlay to non-null before adding/re-adding it as an overlay. I'm not sure if a blank icon_state works, though. It's been a while since I had to do that, though, so I'm not 100% sure.
Best response
I think, last time I checked, that you can just set the icon_state of the overlay to non-null before adding/re-adding it as an overlay. I'm not sure if a blank icon_state works, though. It's been a while since I had to do that, though, so I'm not 100% sure.

I think he's talking about effects applied to the root object with Animate() not applying to a specific overlay, not about icon_state being changed with the root object.
Ah, I see. That's what I thought at first, but he didn't use () nor was his problem description that detailed. But yeah, you can't. You'll have to use an image for that, or a separate object, but I wouldn't recommend the latter because of the CPU usage involved.

So yeah, what Ter13 said.
Yeah it was exactly as ter started. Thanks, gonna have to find another solution for what I'm trying to do.