ID:1923831

This thread will be dedicated to the many Ideas I have for games on byond.

its more like a journal but for games. because I have these decent Ideas but I end up forgetting them..

1. "Faction Wars" = An online RPG game based on the Mortal Kombat universe that delves deeper into the faction war system in MKX. You start out as an average villager of a chosen race and are able to join any of these factions based on different prerequisites.

Factions would be
A.) Lin Kuei - Protectors of Earthrealm and master assassins who sometimes are able to harness the powers the icy tundra they dwelve in.

B.) Shirai Ryu - Former enemies of the Lin Kuei and Special Forces who have since reformed into protectors of earthrealm. Masters in the art of ninjitsu and assassination.

C.) White Lotus Society - A secretive society of warrior monks who train for the protection of earthrealm aswell as for the next tournament.

D.) Earthrealm Special Forces - A militaristic organization made to protect earthrealm aswell as capture or eliminate every black dragon clan member.

E.) Red Dragon Clan - A secretive clan of criminals and mercenaries who have existed for centuries. A small group of renegades splintered into the now powerful Black Dragon Clan of whom which they are sworn to destroy.

F.) Black Dragon Clan - A clan of mercenaries that have expanded into every criminal enterprise known to man. Split from the Red dragon clan after disagreeing with the rules and regulations. all black dragon clan members are wanted by the special forces specifically for this reason.

G.) Brotherhood of Shadows - A fanatic cult that worships Shinnok. originally started by Quan Chi, since his death the cult has been controlled by shinnock after his release. they specialize in black magic and necromancy.

H.) Tekunin - An army of cybornetic ninjas whose sole purpose is to conqour Earthrealm. being cybornetic, they do not age nor do they show mercy.

I.) Tengu Clan - The Tengu are a clan of orange and black gi ninjas who are rivals to the lin kuei. they use a variety of ninja weapons includng scythes and claws.

Doable using old Naruto source code. Would be an interesting change of pace from the hundreds of rips that exist...
I've got a few programmer's under my wing now , so I need ideas. Give me an idea for a political system . That is fun and interactive.

Byond's Gangsta
In response to Rod5
Rod5 wrote:
I've got a few programmer's under my wing now , so I need ideas. Give me an idea for a political system . That is fun and interactive.

Byond's Gangsta

I'm pretty sure BYOND doesn't have a signature system for its forums. Are you typing that footer every time you make a post? lol
In response to D4RK3 54B3R
D4RK3 54B3R wrote:
Must... click...

In response to Rod5
Rod5 wrote:

Byond's Gangsta

as I said, I will post here whenever I get a concept formed in my head.

as for the Faction Wars concept, diplomacy could exist for each group. alliances can be made and broken. evil can ally with other evil or fight with eachother. same goes for the good groups.

I would rather you do that concept instead of some anime bullshit
In response to Mr_Goober
Mr_Goober wrote:
Rod5 wrote:

Byond's Gangsta

I'm pretty sure BYOND doesn't have a signature system for its forums. Are you typing that footer every time you make a post? lol

I'm pretty sure he is, haha.

I have no idea what you're talking about.....

Byond's Gangsta
In response to Rod5
Rod5 wrote:
I've got a few programmer's under my wing now

In response to Kats
Kats wrote:
Rod5 wrote:
I've got a few programmer's under my wing now

Byond's Gangsta
just something ive been doing in my spare time regarding my Faction Wars Idea...

Images taken from Mortal Kombat Armageddon's Concept Art

is it just me or does the chest area on the first sprite look like a creeper

minecraft clone confirmed
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
is it just me or does the chest area on the first sprite look like a creeper

minecraft clone confirmed

you spotted the hidden creeper face, now he shall blow up your home and cause you to rage :P
Sounds possible without a Naruto source, the problem with making a game from a well known source is that you're going to deter a lot of potential BYOND players. Because people who've been around a while have associated the look of NBOLTS/NWOTS with dread.
In response to Zach Reznor
Zach Reznor wrote:
Sounds possible without a Naruto source, the problem with making a game from a well known source is that you're going to deter a lot of potential BYOND players. Because people who've been around a while have associated the look of NBOLTS/NWOTS with dread.

true, it is very possible without a Naruto source. but keep in mind this is an idea for someone who is a beginner or intermediate programmer. while the source may have a bad rep, it can still have its uses that deviate from its intended path
new Idea.

1. "LIDS/Life In Deep Space" = A game that takes the lore of FTL and incorporates it into an MMORPG. You choose between the Races featured in FTL and begin life on one of 3 planets in a civillian sector 2 years after the Rebels defeat. Each race has both advantages and disadvantages similar to the ones they had in FTL

A.) "Humans" - generic/common being found in the universe. notable for having distinctions between male & female sexes. able to learn skills slightly faster than other races and have no actual downsides.

B.) "The Mantis" - have an appearance similar to that of a Praying Mantis but are known for being fierce and aggressive. very intelligent and agile fighters. they have increased attack power and movement speed but suffer in terms of skill learning speed and the amount of technology based items they can use. Considered to be untrustworthy by other races.

C.) "Rockmen" - Rockmen are a proud race of warriors who look to be made of solid rock. because of this they have very high defenses and even a natural resistance to fire, the downside being that they move slower than molasses. Typically they hardly ever stray from their home planet of Vrachos IV but it is not uncommon to see atleast one Rockman on a planet.

D.) "Engi" - The Engi are a mysterious race of Mechanical shape shifting beings made up of Nanomachines. despite the fact that they generally maintain a human form, they can change to whatever shape may fit their need at any given time. while they are very intelligent and can adept to technology fairly easily, they are rather weak and have low defenses and health. They also have a natural immunity to diseases aswell.. There is a long running alliance between the Engi and Zoltan races and the Engi are proud supporters of the Federation.

I will expand on this more at a later date.

Doable using old Naruto source code. Would be an interesting change of pace from the hundreds of rips that exist...

Doable using old Naruto source code.

change of pace from the hundreds of rips