ID:1924295

(See the best response by Kaiochao.)
After lurking around here for a while, and tinkering with a project I've had for some time... I'm back! I've been away from the Byond world for so long that I'm a little out of touch with everything. Anyway!

I'm working with an isometric map, and want to place an object/turf/whatever on the screen with an alpha set low enough that you can see through it. Like a tree or a stone column. However, I run a MouseEntered() proc for players that displays a little stat window to get a quick glimpse of their Hp/Mp etc.

Problem is when the tree/column is on the map, you can see through it just fine, but the MouseEntered() proc isn't being called for the mobs because of the see-through column overlaying them. I thought about using MouseEntered() on the column to temporarily drop it's layer below the mob, or make it invisible, but since it's isometric changing the layer does nothing (as the column is on a tile in front of the mob) and making it invisible won't work since I need MouseExited() to reset the column back to it's original state and the column would just flash visible/invisible.

Searched around on the forums and came up with nothing. I'm sure this has been done before, I just can't seem to find any direction, aside from maybe calculating the mouse coordinates 24/7 and determining if there's mob under there (which would suck the CPU dry).

I wish the mouse controls were called regardless of layers. Too bad.
Any ideas or tips are greatly appreciated.
Best response
object
mouse_opacity = FALSE
Oh snap.

I guess I've been away for too long. Most of these mouse controls are newer to me. Thanks.

/derp