ID:1925494

Hello Readers! Summer vacation comes to a close for many users as school and college will be beginning within the next week, if it hasn't already. Pay attention, and learn something new everyday!

My apologies for the particularly short column this week, other activities have been stealing more than their allotted share of my free time recently. Feel free to share any missed updates or news in the comments below, or over in this developer's post.

BYOND

The stage has been set for the Webclient to be on par with Dream Seeker with the completion of ''DSification''. This allowed Lummox JR to relatively quickly add support for multiple maps controls. In hopes for minimal bugs to fix, a stable release is planned by next week. Then its onto checking the feasibility of new features!

BYOND Games

NEStalgia has returned to weekly updates with the completion of Version 1.70 and a podcast featuring an information and a requested questions with answers session with key developers Silk Wizard, Balzack, and Spiff. Keep an eye on their blog for updates on Thursdays.

Final Impact: Aeon Catalyst produced by Mana Productions has moved to the second version of 0.23 recently. Upgrades to the map have been made, featuring the new town of Port Oscaster. New items, cut scenes, and monsters have been added as well, along with some changes to character builds. Servers are online periodically, so check it out.

Kumorii has been working right along on Skirmish, pushing out a several updates a week, one of which features questing, player parties, weather, and a new map to explore. While your playing the current demo, take note of your ideas, so that you can add them when the game goes open-source. If you like the new weather system, it is also available as a library

Bravo1 has posted two 30 second videos to visually display his improvements on Tank. Projectiles have been tossed out the window in favor of beams and hitscan. Radar jammers are operational. Sound effects are implemented. Now Bravo1 is wondering what to do next.

Kage no Ordoi: Rise of the Tengu is still alive with a status log being posted by Avidanimefan. A togglable chat menu has been added, and plans have been laid out to add features for both players who enjoy roleplaying and PVP.

Find Your Way is a new adventure game by Spial Konko where players explore a series of levels, and upon reaching the final level, are taken to a new, and more difficult level. Host files can be found in the hub description.

BYOND Resources

Good job.
Very nice, short but chocked full of goodness. It seems I'm just a little too slow too, though. I was just about to make a hub and try and get Hunger far enough along for a mention in these.

Oh well, maybe next time! I always find these informative, inspirational, and motivating for some reason.
good job spreading awareness of projects
Need a awesome ip.
Maybe better luck next two weeks, Higoten. It's a busy month where young'n are settling into class and may miss a bit anyways.
Missed my cURL MailGun demo..
I will hopefully have a playable alpha and an actual name for the project by #26.
By the rings I wish I could. Unfortunately I'll be playing Dungeons and Dragons as I'm apt to do on Fridays.

=(

I would, but it's held at a fiends place, and it's very interactive. So not only would I not be at my computer (I have a laptop that has audio capability though) but I also would be involved in the game.

I could see how well my signal is to his wifi while I'm in my car though. Depends how long the podcast will be or how long you'd like me on. I may be able to phone it in from the privacy of my vehicle =P
/flails
In response to Kumorii
I tried the demo. Pretty damn good! Dude with the lead pipe was hitting me through walls tho =|
nice
I actually would care about nes updates. If i could actually play the game.
Hopefully this means that external windows will render in the WebClient, now! Not having the minimap available there is no fun!
In response to Ghost of ET
You can play it, I see 10 players online right now what you talking about ?
In response to DanteVFenris
Try to join a server.
"Sorry you must buy NESTalgia..."

In response to Bravo1
Mhmm.
hoping in the next Byond & Within that they could announce IALO is being rehosted...

http://www.byond.com/games/Kyuukei/ItsALivingOnline

A byond classic that is worth being played...
Page: 1 2