ID:1926146

(See the best response by Ter13.)
How i can connect to myself? I want to test a feature. When you activate an item - it will send message to everyone except the one who activates.
ALSO, why compiling game does not create .dmb file?
Best response
Do you have any compiler errors? It won't be able to create a dmb if the compilation failed.

Also, I have no idea what you mean by "connect to myself". Can you show some code of what you are trying to do and explain it a bit better? Your terminology is worrisome.
I don't think Ter's beating around the bush, he's actually probably on point.

As Ter stated, if compile doesn't create a .dmb file there's probably compiler errors. If you tell us precisely what errors you're receiving we'd be able to assist you further. Once those errors are resolved you'll be able to run in order to test the feature, which I assume is your desire.

I found this helpful post that many be relevant to this: http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=279743

English is most likely not his first language and all he's trying to do is most likely just run it. Nothing he wrote hints he's trying to actually learn to program. There's a clear failure in communication though.
In response to Rotem12
Rotem12 wrote:
English is most likely not his first language and all he's trying to do is most likely just run it. Nothing he wrote hints he's trying to actually learn to program. There's a clear failure in communication though.

Why does English have to be so difficult?... Why can't we be more like German. Es ist eine sehr schön Sprache, schießlich.
German looks so hard, though. D:
In response to Lavenblade
It's actually a very easy language. Lol. Especially for native English speakers, because the two languages diverged from a common Germanic tongue, they share many similarities.
In response to Rotem12
Rotem12 wrote:

From the looks of it is asking how to code something to send a message to all players but the sender... Also he posted in developer help I'm almost certain it is programming related. Also compile was pretty specific.
In response to Gokussj99
Gokussj99 wrote:
Rotem12 wrote:

From the looks of it is asking how to code something to send a message to all players but the sender... Also he posted in developer help I'm almost certain it is programming related. Also compile was pretty specific.

To be fair, you insulted Ter13 by telling him to "quit beating around the bush.".

Ter13's reply was more helpful by asking for more information rather than just linking to the DM Guide and other generalized resources.

You came off as pretty rude, and your response was more than likely not helpful for his current situation.
Get this crap out of MY forum.

This guy's new. If you aren't trying to help with the problem he's having, don't be in this subforum. If you are here to defend me: Don't. I wasn't insulted, and I'm more than capable of handling my own drama, thank you.

We shouldn't be acting like this in this subforum. Please take this style of conversation back to the community forums where it belongs.