ID:1927820

BYOND Version:508
Operating System:Mac OS X 10.10.5 (Yosemite)
Web Browser:Chrome 44.0.2403.157
Applies to:Webclient

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Chat does not autoscroll (showing newest messages at the bottom of the chat) properly on the web client. It autoscrolls properly for a message or two and then gives up.

This has only been tested on Space Station 13 Colonial Marines (http://www.byond.com/play/1538854443) on Mac OS X Yosemite with the web client (not sure exactly which version).

Cannot say whether this is a problem with this particular Space Station 13 server not using the web client properly, or whether it is a problem with the web client itself.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1: Enter a Space Station 13 Colonial Marines with the web client on a mac and watch chat.

Expected Results:
If the chat is scrolled to the bottom, it should stay at the bottom, autoscrolling to show new messages.

Actual Results:
Chat stays stationary after autoscrolling for a few messages.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Every time after a few messages, autoscroll just seems to give up.
In other games?
Untested. Space Station 13 Colonial Marines is the only server currently accessible with the web client.
In other user accounts?
N/A
On other computers?
Untested.

When does the problem NOT occur?
Others should be able to confirm whether this happens on Windows.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
Untested.

Workarounds:
Edit: Copying the URL, then opening a new tab and pasting it in seems to fix it.
To be clear, you saw this happen when using Chrome to view the content? Or this being a Mac, was it on Safari?

I haven't seen problems with scrolling in quite some time, but I wouldn't rule out a new one appearing.
In response to Lummox JR
Web browser is mentioned in the issue, it was Chrome.

This issue might not happen as regularly I previously thought because I just had a game where the scrolling worked.

Edit: Currently trying to replicate it. On the same server now where the autoscroll is not working.
Copying the URL, then opening a new tab and pasting it in seems to fix it.
In response to Lummox JR
Trying to replicate the bug on the same server on other browsers.

Firefox gets stuck on loading, so far have never got passed it.
Edit: It loaded and seems to work fine once I logged into Byond in Firefox, have not tested whether this is the case for all browsers. No problem with chat in Firefox.

Safari loads and then freezes. Buttons can be pressed but don't do anything, and you can type, but chat does not update, and the game controls (arrow keys, mouse clicks) don't work. If you switch applications and then back to Safari the game unfreezes, but the game controls don't work and then freezes again after a few seconds. Eventually the entire webpage freezes.
IIRC there was a bug in qwebirc for a while where Chrome's scroll behavior didn't quite match other browsers', might be worth taking a look at that:
https://bitbucket.org/qwebirc/qwebirc/issues/302/ chrome-no-autoscrolling