ID:1928076

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
Basically, when I hit 'Join Game/Join' Dream Seeker launches normally, and usually connects just fine. The problem isn't connecting, I don't think.. see, after the ad loads (and sometimes just before) my dream seeker gets a common "this application/program has stopped responding > close program" dialog box.
Yeah, so my dream seeker just crashes, and kind of randomly too. Does this with all games I've tried, and like every 1/15th of the time it doesn't crash and works perfectly fine?

I run on Windows 8.1
I am updated to the latest stable release of BYOND. It does this on both the unstable and stable versions, however.
Recently, I've had a lot of issues with Flash Player and Shockwave failing to load, and also crashing themselves and my browsers, so it might be connected. (In fact, it's likely.)

It's pretty weird.

I encountered this issue a while ago on my XP machine. All it took was a full reboot of the computer to get it working again.
Best response
If you suspect Flash is an issue, please be sure to upgrade your Flash version for Internet Explorer--not the one for your main browser (though that's a good idea to do too).
Thank you both for the responses. I tried both, and neither ended up working well directly, so I decided to follow up on my Flash problems, and discovered yesterday it was due to not having upgraded my drivers. Doing so fixed the problem altogether.

tl;dr Updated my drivers, everything works now.

Thanks guys, still wouldn't have gotten there without the reboot or the flash update. :v