"ppl"
Moving away from BYOND is a smart idea if you're looking to do big projects that are not limited in some aspects.
In response to Zasif
Zasif wrote:
Moving away from BYOND is a smart idea if you're looking to do big projects that are not limited in some aspects.

I was running into some really bad cpu problems because I was using atoms in an unintended way (using them simply as sprites that move around on screen, omitting the map's features and a lot of built-in stuff). Then I thought "why am I trying to make it work on BYOND? If I prefer to tinker and fine tune the framework, it might be better to use something appropriate." I decided to carry the project to BlitzMax because I am used to how things work on it. The screen is a double buffered canvas. Atoms don't really wxist like they do in BYOND. You can get away with a lot more graphical stuff.
I also wanted to add that I am in no way bashing BYOND. I love the software and I've enjoyed tinkering with it. I will of course still be here on the forums and ise the software. Right now I feel that it is currently not the appropriate tool I need for development.
Page: 1 2