I was reading this artical i found that was posted on a link on a site mentioned on this http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Cavern/9912/Amps.htm , Its good reading, but i have learned the best way to "Tap the sub." is to use a candel not a light. Why you might ask? Well a light is steady but a candle changes and waves making your mind have more color and patturn to work with. Becare full because if the candle gets to short and your zoning out talking to your self you might let it burn to low and it could burn stuff like your house. It helps a lot though, Use a piece of paper or something to block any direct light because i would hate to see you go blind. Just food for thought.
In response to Deadron

Oh, I know of the elephant... its about the size of a chiwawa right? tell it im sorry and it should come home..
In response to Kusanagi
Kusanagi wrote:
ESP, and many psychic powers have already been proven. For one thing, telepathy was banned in the U.S. about 10 years ago, because it included a person stealing another persons most intimate and personal thoughts.

So, a law against witchcraft is proof that witchcraft exists? Passing laws don't prove much... I'm sure you can find a state law or municipal code banning telepathy, but such governments in the U.S. have also passed laws making it illegal for rivers to flood (punishable, in at least one instance, by a fine) and roosters to lay eggs. You may also be able to find a senate or (more likely) house resolution condemning the use of telepathy to steal personal secrets. Again, that doesn't prove anything.

A waving line on a screen proves nothing more than a waving line on a screen. A propensity for guessing numbers is nothing more than a propensity for guessing numbers. I'm not a skeptic, mind you. Or rather, I am, but I'm a real skeptic... I don't just tear down anything that skeptics are supposed to tear down. Simply put, I don't believe anyone who says that telepathy is real and I don't believe anyone who says it isn't. Neither side can furnish proof. I, on the other hand, can prove quite conclusively that either telepathy exists or it doesn't.
In response to Lesbian Assassin
Lesbian Assassin wrote:
Simply put, I don't believe anyone who says that telepathy is real and I don't believe anyone who says it isn't. Neither side can furnish proof. I, on the other hand, can prove quite conclusively that either telepathy exists or it doesn't.

That's why I say, hey if you got a psychic ability, go for the million bucks.

The challenge is all above board, the rules are worked out ahead of time, and they'd be subject to lawsuit if they broke them.

Can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want to grab a million under those circumstances.
In response to Deadron
Here's the real question...

Why do psychics go out of business?

lol
In response to SuperSaiyanGokuX
SuperSaiyanGokuX wrote:
Here's the real question...

Why do psychics go out of business?

I'll take this opportunity to respond a bit more on the topic...

While it is good to be open-minded about whether certain phenomena are possible, what people tend to forget about skeptics and most scientists is that they believe that extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof, regardless of the source of the claim. And, in fact, that the scientific process requires a bit of close-mindedness to work.

When someone said "I think the planet has a bunch of tectonic plates we're all sliding around on", no one believed him at first. They didn't have any reason to, and it would be irresponsible to believe such a claim just because someone made the claim. When the rather silly sounding claim turned out to fit the observable data, people began to look at it closer and form hypothesis (if X is true, then we should be able to observe Y, so let's see if we can find Y), until it became accepted that indeed we're all sliding around on plates. This process took time, and required repeatable experiments and data before it could go from laughable to accepted.

When someone comes along saying their donkey can do complex arithmetic (and believe me, they do), they are subjected to the same amount of skepticism and required to provide the same amount of repeatable evidence as any other extraordinary claim, such as tectonic plates.

As with most wacky theories about how the universe works, most claims about mathematical donkeys also turn out not to survive repeatable tests.

Since skeptics and scientists see much more failure than success, they tend to treat new claims as likely failures. Which is okay, because it's probably true -- as long as the tests used for the subject are fair and unbiased in their operation.
In response to Deadron
what people tend to forget about skeptics and most scientists is that they believe that extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof
When someone said "I think the planet has a bunch of tectonic plates we're all sliding around on", no one believed him at first.

Hey, Deadron.. have you heard of a magazine called the "Skeptical Enquirer"? It's published by the Committee for the Scientific Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal, and the basic idea is to skeptically examine all evidence of stuff such as ESP. Anyhoo, in the latest issue (which I just borrowed today), there are mentions of the two things I quoted from your response above. If you're not reading it too, then this is one weird coincidence (possible caused by ESP). :-)

-AbyssDragon
In response to AbyssDragon
AbyssDragon wrote:
Hey, Deadron.. have you heard of a magazine called the "Skeptical Enquirer"?

Yup, used to be a member of the Skeptics organization. (Being an amateur magician tends to lead you in that direction.)

Anyhoo, in the latest issue (which I just borrowed today), there are mentions of the two things I quoted from your response above. If you're not reading it too, then this is one weird coincidence (possible caused by ESP). :-)

Definitely a case of paranormal occurrences, as I haven't read it in years...
In response to Deadron
Definitely a case of paranormal occurrences, as I haven't read it in years...

Proof of ESP!
In response to Spuzzum
Spuzzum wrote:
But the thing is, he's trying to store the computer inside itself.

htsisigaertaawtyhodiiemnduowlrsd.
In response to Deadron
Deadron wrote:
The challenge is all above board, the rules are worked out ahead of time, and they'd be subject to lawsuit if they broke them.

Can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want to grab a million under those circumstances.

I'm sure none of us here has any trouble imagining why no one so far has grabbed the million.

It would be nice to experience the expected silencing effect of "put up or shut up." Unfortunately, most of these fakers refuse to do either.
In response to Ernie Dirt
htsisigaertaawtyhodiiemnduowlrsd.

I got up to "This is a great way to hide" before I got confused.
In response to Skysaw
Skysaw wrote:
It would be nice to experience the expected silencing effect of "put up or shut up." Unfortunately, most of these fakers refuse to do either.

Many of them aren't fakers, in the sense that they do believe they have an ability, or that their donkey does. These people get quite confused when under proper test conditions the ability somehow vanishes...confusion turns to anger, and they start accusing the testers of emitting "anti-mysterious-power waves" and such.

And then, some of them are fakers. People have actually tried to get the million doing card tricks, for example. (A silly thing to try, given how many Skeptics are magicians.)
Kusanagi wrote:
The reason why nobody goes for the million is because nobody can tell the future...

That's certainly one reason you could theorize!

However they test for everything...spoon bending, telepathic dogs, etc.
In response to Deadron
However they test for everything...spoon bending, telepathic dogs, etc.

But Deadron, there is no spoon.
Kusanagi wrote:
You and domesticated animals with psychic powers... Man domesticated animals with psychic powers would make a good movie.................................................................................................................... -_-

The Revenge of the Brainsucking Cats, starring Tim Allen and Woody Allen (no relation, of course).
Kusanagi wrote:
Yes, possessing is real, there have been hundreds of documentations of people being possessed.

Again, I don't think you really understand what is "proof." A "documented" possession means that someone is said to be possessed, and someone writes an account of the event. More so than there have been documented possessions, there have been scientific tests on supposedly possessed people. In many cases that I've read about, the subjects were shown to have EEG patterns similar to that of a person who suffers from a true multiple personality disorder.

Does this prove that possession is real with measurable physical effects, or does it prove that possession is a superstitious label put on a type of sudden and violent but psychologically explicable personality disorder? It doesn't prove anything, except that the people in question have weird brain waves.

Just for the record, an experiment can either support or fail to support the existence of a supernatural (or, for that matter, a natural one) phenomenon... nothing can "prove" it.
In response to Spuzzum
The effect I was commenting on is the same as moving to null space. It might not be possible on byond, but on at least one mud, I could hide inside myself. There was no difference between mobs and areas.

I knew that you are good with words, and you like a challenge, so I am happy that you only got part of it.

THe code was ultra simple, i just transposed two letters adjacent to each other, eliminating spaces. This broke up the common letter groupings like th and ee.

like this!
ilek htsi!

Complete gibberish, with no effort. With the spaces it makes it easy to decode, proving to one and all that even a void can transmit information!

I call it the eclectic dislectic cypher.
Page: 1 2 3