ID:1929550

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
My pager says I'm logged into my key (any of them)
but when I click to join a game Dream Seeker takes forever and a year to load, sometimes it crashes, and when I get to the game if that Happens it says I'm logged in as a Guest. I can message my Byond friends via pager, and I've tried to join the games from the website it just won't work that way. This has been going on for 3 days, I have re-downloaded and Uninstalled Byond like 10 times
Best response
Two main possibilities:

1) You may have a firewall or other security program (e.g. antivirus) not allowing Dream Seeker to talk to the pager, or not allowing the pager to open a listening port. This frequently happens when you have to whitelist programs that will use the Internet. The solution is to find out which program is blocking this, go into its whitelist, and find a setting for the BYOND programs that says something about checking a hash to make sure it's the same program. Disable that setting, because it interferes with updates.

2) It's possible your BYOND data directory is in a location where the config files are hard to read, or that one of your config files is read-only. This is very unlikely these days as we've put in steps to prevent it, but I wouldn't rule out an access issue entirely.
In response to Lummox JR
Thank you, I was thinking that... but I have alot of anti virus crap, so I should just delete all my programs and reinstall?
I would just look at each one, and also make sure they're not interfering with each other.

Although certain antivirus programs, like AVG, I would avoid completely.