ID:1929634

(See the best response by Ter13.)
So basically I'm wondering on how to become a developer for Byond, etc. I'm 17 years old and I just want another hobbie to do while I'm at home and not at school. The coding seems fairly easy to do but I was curious on how long it takes if I'm dedicated too it? And also well the DM guide teach me everything I need to know? and how long does it take to master it?
Best response
The DM guide will give you a good head start. Your first programming language will take you a year or two to really get the hang of, and if you take it seriously and learn the underlying concepts of computer programming, and not just the language, you can go far in just a few years' time.

That said, you should be able to start making a basic game almost immediately and start learning stuff.

I'd recommend reading the guide a bit at a time, asking questions when you get lost and can't figure it out on your own, and just playing around to see what you can do.

The biggest thing is that programming and art take persistence and effort. Nobody can teach you if you don't make the effort to learn. Don't give up. Work hard. Have fun. Read. Everything. You. Can.