ID:193036

First off, are they still in as I would like to know if you guys and girls out there would like to come see the very early stages of my newest project "The Final Challenge".

I have had some good feedback today from some people who have tested my game. As of yet no ideas have been brought back to me from the players but this is where I would like the GoB to stand in and help me out.

I was just wondering if anyone or a group of people could try out my game so far, not much done but I promise to try and make it a BYOND Hit ^_~

Anyway, if they are still in could anyone who is willing to participate please reply? As I would like as many players as possible to find out bugs and what not about the very early stages of my game ^_^

I would like to tell Spuzzum that I have re-coded my login too as my other one just constantly gave me a loop even when I did fix the errors. Now it has been re-coded it works much more efficiently hehe. Thanks Spuzzum :)

Next Question. Would it be possible to have a GoB on another day and maybe later/earlier?

For those who wonder what the GoB is, then here is your answer. It means "Gathering of BYOND". It is where the members of the BYOND community all get together and have fun playing games, chat about the developments of current games, tell joke, report bugs etc.

I have never yet been/seen a GoB in work but I am hoping that my game gets permitted to hold a GoB ^_^

Yours,
Lee

I deleted this from Newbie Central as I just realised it was in the wrong section of the forum hehe.
I have never yet been/seen a GoB in work but I am hoping that my game gets permitted to hold a GoB ^_^

I haven't seen one for a while either! I think the GoB was mainly an idea to get a lot of BYOND people online -- it was back when there was only a handful of BYOND users. Nowadays you can find players any time of day!

I'd like to try your game sometime... hopefully I'll catch it online.
In response to Gughunter
Gughunter wrote:

I haven't seen one for a while either! I think the GoB was mainly an idea to get a lot of BYOND people online -- it was back when there was only a handful of BYOND users. Nowadays you can find players any time of day!

I'd like to try your game sometime... hopefully I'll catch it online.

I will host it in alittle bit if you wish to try it ^_^

Lee
If a coder I respect posts in Creations that they'll be testing their new game at such and such a time, I try to make it.

I think there is also potential in reinstituting some kind of GoB. All we'd need is somebody to take charge and schedule them. People could write to that person saying they'd like their games tested that week, and the GoB person would make a post about it, then help shuffle people from game to game during GoB night.

Z
In response to Zilal
I think there is also potential in reinstituting some kind of GoB. All we'd need is somebody to take charge and schedule them. People could write to that person saying they'd like their games tested that week, and the GoB person would make a post about it, then help shuffle people from game to game during GoB night.

I don't think it need necessarily be a matter of testing... there are plenty of great games which plenty of people would play but never seem to get together with a good server, and these are the ones I'd really love to see GoB's come back for.
In response to Leftley
I don't think it need necessarily be a matter of testing... there are plenty of great games which plenty of people would play but never seem to get together with a good server, and these are the ones I'd really love to see GoB's come back for.

I'm guessing you're referring to Nyctophobia, because that's what comes to my mind -- that game is shamefully underplayed.
In response to Spuzzum
I'm guessing you're referring to Nyctophobia, because that's what comes to my mind -- that game is shameful [snip]

Actually, I was referring primarily to Red Cap, even though it did seem to pick up a visibility bug somewhere along the line--haven't checked to see if it was ever fixed.
In response to Leftley
that game is shameful [snip]

You know, for someone who insults everything I do and stand for, you have a pretty low opinion of yourself. ;-)
In response to Spuzzum
Hmm, I haven't been Janet Reno in a really long time...