ID:1930380

Not a bug
BYOND Version:N/A (Website Bug)
Operating System:Windows 8 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 44.0.2403.157
Applies to:Website

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
So i'd been away for a little while some time back (that is to say i'd stopped making posts for a long time, though i have since been back and checking out forums and etc for some time now), and it seems that due to this none of the topics i ever chose to follow, from a certain period onward, have been reflected in my own personal 'posts' area under my account -at least not until i made a post yesterday.

I would expect that as soon as i was back clicking links, following topics and voting, then functionality would resume as normal -why is following topics the behaviour that change anyway?- and so ultimately i'm making this post to log this and request, bug or not, that this behaviour be refined somehow, and also to see if it would be possible to make all the affected topics update correctly in my 'updates' section even though it's now after the fact.
Follows expire after a post is inactive for a while (like a month, IIRC). It's an intentional feature to keep the database from getting filled with cruft.
Lummox JR resolved issue (Not a bug)
No... i mean topics i was clicking follow on would not show up in my updates feed straight after, for a while, until i posted yesterday.

Edit: Actually, now i am confused, it appears i now see a bunch of the topics i'd followed while not yet posting now in my updates... though not all of them i'm pretty sure, and i know that as i noticed this it wasn't due to a 1 month inactive period of the posts themselves.. but ah well.. since i didn't quite track things well enough to give you a concrete proof of 'this and this is/was the issue' i guess this is best left until i see what i'm talking about appear again.