anim_rate would be nice to have, though it'd be nice to also have the ability to have animation frames take less time than 1/10th of a second natively in the DMI editor. 1/25 of a second would be just about ideal IMHO.
In response to Khyberkitsune
Have you tried?
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:
Have you tried?

I'll assume I'm the one being asked.

I've tried using decimal values like 0.5 (that'd give me 20 animated frames per second) I've tried using negative values.

It appears to be locked to 1/10th of a second per frame.

I've even tried editing zTxt information with tweakPNG. No dice.

Documentation on this also supports that it's locked to 10FPS maximum. The rate is specified in tenths of a second, not hundredths, making anything past 10FPS not happening without some external utility.
Well, it's probably capped at world.fps, which defaults at 10. The semi-planned client-side framerate would make it work, but I can guarantee that faster animations work when you have a faster framerate.

http://puu.sh/k37nj/901aa84e13.mp4

Although the video isn't constant 60fps, the game runs at 60fps and the sword trail is an icon with frame delays of 0.2, or 20ms (close to 60fps).
My world FPS is set at 30, it was probably the first thing I defined in code before even starting my project/learning DM.

The speed of the animation should at least be apparent in the animation preview:
That's weird. I can not go past 1/10th second on this machine, not even directly editing zTxt, but I can on my server.

I should probably just wipe and redo this system. It's been about 6 years.
Just passed my 13th, though I was around as a guest key in DWO in 2001.

I need to get up to speed with the latest updates, I did try quite a number of isometric games but came across what was probably some very basic graphical issues from the get go, I'd like to take another shot at it*

* Sometime after 2020.
anime_rate lel
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
anime_rate lel
10/10 would do again!
I'm an '01er, too. Under the ol' SuperStorm key. Ah the days.. read some of my old posts a few days ago; scary.

How about an ARM Architecture compile?
How about an ARM Architecture compile

x64 compile first, please. (lol @ never happening)
Hey, it's worth a try.

I'm glad you messaged me back on the pager, Ter. :(
I'm glad you messaged me back on the pager, Ter

No problem.

*sidles away awkwardly.*
But I miss you...

No, but really, a native ARM compile would be wonderful. I'll help make it happen, if necessary.
In response to Hikato
Hikato wrote:
But I miss you...

No, but really, a native ARM compile would be wonderful. I'll help make it happen, if necessary.

I second ARM builds for Linux and FreeBSD. Will provide Raspberry Pi as necessary. =D

To be completely honest, I have no idea if an ARM build would be feasible at all. I don't understand enough about how the architecture differs from x86.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
x64 compile first

My god.. if this happened...
In response to Lummox JR
Odds are, your build process for the current Linux and FreeBSD builds will work perfectly fine to produce the ARM equivalents, given an ARM device to build it on (if not cross-compiling). Still dealing with a 32-bit address space, instruction differences should be low-level enough to not make a difference with what you're doing.
ARM has quite a few restrictions on data alignment, chances are the codebase violates every single one of them.
Page: 1 2 3 4