ID:1932872

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
Byond wanted to update. I let it. When it was downloading and opening said update, AVG popped up telling me that there was a virus/malware/not good in the dreamseeker program, and when I told it to ignore it, I got this screen. http://puu.sh/k4K1B/f45799c1ca.png Retrying failed, ignoring didn't download dreamseeker and I uninstalled, and reattempted.

After several more attempts, I kept the getting the same message. I finally turned off AVG and attempted the download again. No such luck. Repeat message.

Now I can't even play any BYOND because dreamseeker doesn't exist on my computer, and won't download. Please fix this soon, as I ENJOY playing the games I do.
Best response
The error opening the file for writing may come from the fact that the file was in use at the time AVG freaked out. You'll probably need to reboot your system to fix that.

You need to get rid of AVG as soon as possible. I used to use it myself, until version 8 where it became entirely untrustworthy. Try something else like Avast.
I have managed to get a copy of dreamseeker to work as a solo application, launching the IP of the server I desire to play on, but if I try to launch from byond, it won't let me. Is there a place where I can copy this version of DS I have so that byond will pick it up?