ID:1933452

Hello Readers! Within BYOND reached its first yearly milestone this past week, celebrating a whole year of coverage. My 11th BYOND anniversary is coming up later this month, and it would appear I'm celebrating that by hosting a Game in a Day contest. Keep your eye out for details! You'll also see that at least two other developers are celebrating anniversaries in various ways this month as well. Read on!

Yutput started a podcast a few weeks ago in hopes to get opinions on topics of concern that relate to the BYOND community, and get into the minds of thoses who are developing upcoming games. It's curiously named BYOND and Without (Leaving only Without BYOND as a play on the original name scheme, and I'm sure no one wants to manage that publication.) The first episode features commentary from Kumorii, Bravo1, Flick, and Ter13. I'm not sure what the schedule is, but lets hope for more soon.

BYOND

Lummox JR celebrates his 14th BYOND anniversary by shaping up BYOND 509 with the layout and addition of some new graphical controls. Appearance_flags and plane are new. Color and glide_size are old, but are both being extended in functionality for a smoother appearance. If you like features such as these, consider supporting yourself and the engine by purchasing a BYOND membership.

BYOND Games

Bravo1 published a new update log for version 0.0.5 of Tank. Fractions and interface improvements have been made. Auto turrets are in. Artwork has been improved, and where would we be without chainguns?

Flick has been steadily working on Mano A Mano. While his updates have been more contained to other parts of the forums, You'll find from the picture the addition of terrains and spells, such as the druids swarm being demonstrated.

Ss4gogeta0 has taken Rotting Aftermath off of indefinite hiatus. First on the list is to give Era City a makeover, inspired from Urban Dead.

If you happen to enjoy collecting glass orbs, particularly those which were forged with iron (producing a green color), then you'll be happy to see that Lord Andrew has updated Green Orb Quest. While the game is mostly the same, animations and graphics have seen updates.

Reality: Utopia is a role-playing game by Domdavden, where players create their own lives in an rather average setting. Get promoted at work, buy a car, get married, kill your neighbor's dog, and live your life to the fullest... or get a really bad start by squandering all of your money on a boring flight to Paris and not knowing how to do your job.

Avidanimefan joined the Indie Game Maker 2015 contest with his 10 day creation called Inochi no Ki: Tree of Life. The game is about a confused and hunted ninja named Akira. Take down hoards of hundreds of monsters in fast real-time action, and defeat those who are searching for you, in hopes of finding real answers. If you enjoy the game, give it an upvote, it is not perfect, but deserves better than 156th place.

Wargames, a longtime favorite by Acebloke will be reaching its tin (10th) anniversary this month. In celebration of this, he is planning to complete version 2.0 that was depicted over a year ago.

After doing a large review and improvement of many key systems in version 3.2, Azusa Generations will be going offline for an indeterminate amount of time in preparation for the completion, and large revamping of the game. Take a look at the plan and hitch a ride down memory lane.

Severed World, while lacking in formal updates, has certainly not been lacking in developments and content expansions. Check out a few 55 second clips of in-game music, Weapon demonstrations, and so much action it will crash your browser. Keep tabs on their Facebook page and keep an eye out for a demo.

BYOND Resources

• SinisterJ released a library for implanting a variable editor, feel free to edit the editor.
  • A.T.H.K shows us how to spam our players with emails using MailGun-cURL.
  • Xirre demonstrates a method of smoothly panning the players view.
Spam our players, nice one.
Thanks for the mention! I better actually keep it this time.
Ugh, hopefully I'll have something to show on my project before #40. Lol. Great job on the spam-bot, ATHK!
In response to Kats
Kats wrote:
Ugh, hopefully I'll have something to show on my project before #40. Lol. Great job on the spam-bot, ATHK!

Sadly, I didn't include the method to magically get the users email from their BYOND account, so it does involve some user input ...
Aw nuts. I'll have to save the big updates for #27 it seems.
Dang, I missed this again? I've got to get Hunger at least semi-playable and way better before the next one... Hmm... And other things need to get into motion as well.. Yes, generate much new content for BYOND within we must.
i wonder whats gonna be included in the next one
Missed it by a day, but that is okay! My power was out so that had a lot to do with it. This has motivated me to start working much harder!
Focusssss!
thanks for the mention :)

hopefully I can be done with this map in the next few months or so...