ID:1933829

Applies to:DM Language

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
We need a damn Fan Check built in already just like how there is BYOND Member built in, this should have been added when the Built in Byond member was added. Don't want any excuses or workarounds this needs to be added, its a key feature of the website it needs to be added to the Dream Maker already. Thanks!
There are countless ways to do this using world.Export()
Here's something SuperSaiyanX made that I thought was really amazing, and one of the very few libraries I actually use around here.

http://www.byond.com/developer/SuperSaiyanX/hubget
That's a workaround and not what I've asked for :) and I know about it aswell, thats not the issue at hand.
That library doesn't work for games with over 500 fans because the page it gets fans from is limited to 500 fans initially. It's also kinda slow, since it's meant to get a full list of fans instead of checking if an individual is a fan.

If it's a client.IsFan() you're asking for, it'd be better to scrape from the user's favorites list. As a workaround, anyway.
No workarounds jeez!!! But thanks for the replay Kaiochao. :)
That's not quite how programming works, Zasif. You can't expect the engine to just do everything for you. The tools to accomplish what you desire are already there.

The issue of how slow it is because of world.Export()'s speed is a different discussion though.
I support the ability to get more information from the hub. However, I don't support the idea of spending development time adding features to the hub/website.
bump!